Lots of soot.......

Hi,

Just bought a VRS - It was nice and clean when I bought it however....

Running a CP Turbo / Unknown Remap and Decat Milltek it's very sooty...(insert your jokes)

I drove it with a freinds car on a straight through exhaust which is super super loud and his soot'd less

I did notice more soot when I was in the lower gear ranges etc.

Are there many options or is this diesel ownership?

Cheers
Minty

Depends on your mapping I would of thought. I followed a fellow Vrs driver once and thought I'd entered into wacky races with the amount that came out of his tail pipe, hardly anything comes out of mine.

It's going in shortly I'm just fitting some TT brakes and suspension.

I can't live with the whacky races effect.

I can live with the clio 200/seat leon driver faces as I went past them in a cloud of smoke. Especially the clio dude he was practically in my back seat till I pressed the boost button.

goodbye........have some soot to go with that :ph34r:  :ph34r:   :bandit:  :bandit:  :bandit:

No tuning on my old Fabia Vrs (bog standard) , but pedal to the metal the car behind disappears for a second or two, then as the smoke clears I find

he has dropped back, as his vision has been impaired by my heavy right foot..LOL

My old vRS smoked terribly when first mapped.

One of joins on the boost pipes was coming apart under load, so I was losing boost, hence the over-fuelling.

Fixed it properly, and no more smoke :)