Hampshire

GU12 4NU

Tel: 01252 311818

Fax: 01252 330154

Services: New, Used, repair, Fleet

Edited by DGW
Details updated

• 5 months later...

Bought my MkI Octy 1.8T from them in Sep 2005, and thought they were very good. Paul in sales very helpful.

Had a couple of problems since: fuel guage not behaving and indicator relay packed up. Both times their service was good, job fixed with no hassles.

Have not had a service done there yet, but will consider doing so.

• 9 months later...

Bought my car from these people. I have been back for a few things in the past year or so and they are always very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Also had my first service there yesterday and again, apart from a few minor things, a reasonably pleasant experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought two Octavias from Garlands (2001 and 2006) and their service has been excellent. Despite Skoda's stonewalling, Garland managed to rectify the inherent problem with the A5 Octavia Elegance: interference over speakers when using boot-mounted cd changer. (If you have that problem, speak with Peter, or go direct to CATS (CATS for cars) and consult Jason*****)

• 8 months later...

Had my second service there today and I am a bit miffed.

Up until now they have been fine to deal with but things seem to be changing.

I had reason to call Skoda Assist a few weeks ago and the RAC man diagnosed a faulty cruise stalk and an inlet manifold runner problem. He did the assisted fault finding which cleared the error codes for the manifold problem and did the same for the cruise but left he codes in.

So I pick up my car only to be told they can find no problem with manifold or cruise.:mad:

They ordered the wrong parts for something else and the icing on the cake was the 2.0 TFSI ecu recall which they failed to pick up despite me showing them the bulletin.:mad:

It will be an interesting phone call tomorrow however at the moment I have no plans to return.

That said though Paul in sales has always been good to deal with.

That's a shame - I had a call from them yesterday just about updating records, etc.

They have moved the parts/servicing completely to the workshop (a few roads away behind the Renault and other garages) so perhaps that's disrupted things a bit.

I will go there for next service but if I'm unimpressed then I might go back to an independent guy I used to use when I had an Audi.

• 3 months later...

Used these guys today for my 1st service - although i didn't pay anything (3yrs free servicing) they didn't charge me for the insurance waiver on the courtesy car (I put more fule in than I used), nor did they charge me to replace a wheel bolt some numpty elsewhere has over-torque.

Apart from not washing the car, I am very pleased - they even left me some spare screen wash which VW never did!

• 3 months later...

My opinion of this dealer has improved quite a bit recently.

At very short notice (day before) they fitted me in for an oil and filter change.

So :thumbup: from me.

• 1 year later...

Just been back to these guys for some warranty work and am not overly impressed:

1st visit - took car in for window fault (window would not lower) - diagnosed as a pin falling out - pin was replaced.

2nd visit - 2-days after the first visit, the pin fell out again - told it needed a new window regulator which was not in stock.

3rd visit - to fit new regulator - told regulator is fine, pin was not originally replaced correctly. I took the opportunity to have rear wheel alignment checked (which had to be undertaken by their sister garage in Winchester) - who diagnosed a faulty shock absorber.

4th visit - to replace shock, but only after the had taken the old strut off, realised that they hadn't ordered the new one (lots of apologies offerred).

5th visit - strut replaced.

I know mistakes are made, but as I live 40 mins away, you will understand why I am a little miffed!

Mmm.

My impressions of them are good, the staff seem very friendly, helpful & knowledgeable, when I had my two visits there for discussions on the purchase of a car, it's a bit tricky to find initially but once you know where it is then fine.

• 4 months later...

Bought my Octavia from here, had excellent service from sales staff far who are from pushy & so all good so far.

The Bolero is playing up and they've done their best to try & diagnose the fault, which seems to afflict most Bolero Radios, all 3 that I tried today on a visit.

So they've escalated the fault to SUK, we'll see what happens.

• 1 year later...

Just bought a car from Garland.

Very good service so far. Not pushy but do keep reminding you that they are giving you the best deal :)

Lets see how it goes when I pick up and after sales.

But at the moment they have been great in answering my questions and selling me a car.

• 2 weeks later...

Just by way of an update for you all.

Picked up the car, Nick at Garland bent over backwards to get the car valeted and ready for pickup pretty quickly. My working week / month was manic and I could only make it in at a certain time.

The car was clean and the service book was stamped as promised. Had a problem with the interior light cluster falling out, but it looks like the bulb was replaced and the box itself wasn't seated correctly. I sorted it out and all was well.

My first ever Skoda, and I'm more than happy with the car and the service from Garland. :thumbup:

• 6 months later...

Just bought a new Octavia VRS DSG and Nick the salesman has been brilliant. Not pushy, extremely helpful so far and certainly the best dealer I went to before buying.

I will update as things progress.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought my last Yeti from Garland and will very likely be buying the next from them too - Nick's been helpful and attentive without being pushy, gave me what I feel is a decent trade in on the old one and a sensible discount on the new.

Plus I've had a total of four test drives (one Yeti, one Octavia, two Superbs) and every time Nick has asked if I wanted him to come along and then been happy to let me out on my own. Much better than some places where they'd insist on accompanying and making Lady Bertie McHobnobs, my best beloved, sit in the back, when establishing her comfort in the front passenger seat is pretty essential.

In the end I bought an approved used from West Sussex Skoda - just because they had just the model and spec I'd been looking for. That and the wait for new ones is so long at the moment.

It's highly likely that I'll be taking the car to Garland for its services.

Edited by Yearofthegoat

• 2 months later...

It is the old Fiat place, they seem to have painted it a nice shade of gunmetal too. I only passed quickly but seems they are now called Garlands as opposed to Garland too.

They now want to hurry up and get my car over from Emden

It's the old Fiat place, used them yesterday to service my Octavia, service reception is now in showroom. Service efficient car sorted in a couple of hours. Only gripe really compared to other dealers I've used is they never wash the car, minor complaint really thought the service was going to be £249 as they use national prices came out at £212.

• 2 weeks later...