Window Motor and PCB

I had some electrical problems that indicated water ingress/ CCM problems but after inspecting CCM and cleaning up the earth in the passenger side I had a look toward the drivers side to see if that's where the problem could be.

Jiggling (technical term) the window motor makes the door open warning on the dash light up and enables me to open the drivers window (not any passenger ones from drivers door controls though). I took out the plug and checked that, there's current and all pins/ connections are clean. The PCB is covered in red plastic, I don't know if this is is intentional. 

qog08o.jpg

2z6tbn5.jpg

I'm considering having a bash at replacing this unit to see if it fixes the drivers door problems.

Is the window motor/ door control PCB the same on a B5 Passat as a Mk1 superb?

Just it might be easier to find one at a local breakers.

Found the culprit.

These two pins slot into the window motor, if they don't make a connection door functions fail. Squeezed them a bit closer together, installed PCB then also had to wedge the top plastic covering of window motor (which covers pcb) with wiring loom. Obviously a temporary fix and I will replace the motor/ pcb unit in time.

28va8fm.jpg

Shown here with black plastic cover removed.

Things fixed:

Drivers door showing open or closed (check this before messing with microswitches)

Windows and locks working from drivers door panel

Lights on warning buzzer when door open

Central locking from fob works on all doors

Still not working:

Courtesy light on door open (works with switch though).

• Like 1

Is the window motor/ door control PCB the same on a B5 Passat as a Mk1 superb?

Just it might be easier to find one at a local breakers.

My recent window regulator had Passat B5 on the box, and was identical.  Figures that the motor would be too.  Hopefully it's not too big a leap to think that there's a fair chance the door lock control module is also from a Passat.

Just tried looking on ECP and GSF but they don't appear to be listed (I had a B5 Passat before and was going to compare part numbers).

Good progress so far  :thumbup:

Gaz

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced the motor and door control unit. Went from 7 to 5 vcds fault codes, still a single wire fault on ccm. Need to check other door units then if not that start following all the wires. Good fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk