oem suspension

Hi all

I'm looking to replace my front struts and springs on my octy vrs mk1. I'm struggling to find any decent oem replacements. Gsf parts have some but don't know anything about the brands either amtex or boge does anyone know what they are like. I am struggling to find any kyb which I know are okay. Anyone used any of the above or could point me in the right direction I would be grateful

Cheers all ☺

Sachs and Boge are the same company. They trade under ZF Trading. There quality is OE and make very good shocks. They do a "turbo"  version for the Octavia which are a bit uprated. I've had Boge on previous cars and the quality has been excellent. I work in a Factors and it's boge we now stock after stocking KYB for years. Nothing wrong with KYB we just felt the quality was the same as Boge but the price was a lot better.

Isnt TPS quite dear - so 70 per spring plus Im guessing 100+ per shock

Yeah you are right about the springs the oem ones are near £90 each but they were very cheap with the shocks. The bloke said vag do a cheaper range now to compete with motor factors. I find them ok tbh i can't recall how much without finding the reciept.

Thanks for the replies guys nice to know that boge are alright. How many miles has the car in Devon covered? Only after the front suspension for now. I work in Devon so could be handy Cheers ☺

Spax would be good although I want to keep mine oem so will pass thanks plus if I spend much more on my car I'm likely to be divorced before I'm married ☺ !! thanks for the heads up though

• Like 1

Hi does anyone have to part number for the boge "turbo" oem springs and shocks

Cheers

Fronts are 32-E14-F and rears 27-C08-F the rears aren't turbo ones as I cant see a listing for them but the they are for sports suspension which I assume the VRS comes with or if the cars lowered etc .

Thats just the shocks though  

Edited by acexxx

I have a complete set (front and rear) of standard VRS springs for sale, £40 the four plus postage.

Came off the car at 60k as I fitted H&R's, now sold the car and bought Mk3 VRS so got to have a clear out.

Andy.

What do we think about Al-Ko shocks? Gas, uprated for sports/vrs and very reasonable price it seems, I know their caravan equipment gets good reviews, but I'm no Gypsy.  Not that there's anything wrong with Gypsies of course, people can live their life how they choose, but they won't be tarmaccing my driveway or fixing my soffets.

Thanks for the replies guys nice to know that boge are alright. How many miles has the car in Devon covered? Only after the front suspension for now. I work in Devon so could be handy Cheers ☺

99k.2005 car. In Exmouth :)

Thanks for the offers guys although I have decided to buy some new oem shocks and springs as well as some new bushes. Hopefully give me some decent handling back as my shocks were completely gone !

What do we think about Al-Ko shocks? Gas, uprated for sports/vrs and very reasonable price it seems, I know their caravan equipment gets good reviews, but I'm no Gypsy.  Not that there's anything wrong with Gypsies of course, people can live their life how they choose, but they won't be tarmaccing my driveway or fixing my soffets.

AL-Co is the worst you can get,is crap,not even here we don;t use them on 10 years old Dacias