Flywheel joys

Hi all the dual mass in my vrs is coming to a end its chattering like mad on tick over and shaking the full car when hard on the power so I'm going to go for a solid kit me thinks .... What's other people's reviews on them and what are people running and with what power as i can get a solid clutch kit for £130 but am hoping to got 150 hybrid at some point so a cheapo clutch would be no good for that .... Has anyone got a valeo or luk on atm ..... I'm not likening the price of a Sachs kit from dark side .....

Imo, solid flywheels are gash on the vrs.

Just put a dual mad flywheel in, about £150 from euro car parts.

Solid flywheels chatter like mad, worse than a knackerd dual mass flywheel. Clutch pedals are heavier most the time.

Only time I can understand people changing to solid flywheel is if your running 260bhp+

be nice if it was possible to run a duelmass at any level of tune i got a helix kit and on tick over it does rattle with clutch up but gotto say ive never had it slip in any way

i was running 230bhp for 2 yrs with a duel mass with no problems i have since upgraded to a helix solid flywheel kit as i've upped the power being mapped this weekend 280/300bhp

I'm running a single mass flywheel kit from national. And I must say I'm very impressed with it, there's no extra noise from it what so ever and the pedal feels very precise (might just be as it's a new clutch). It's not an updated kit but they say it will take the same torque as a Sachs standard one so around 300 ft/lb.

I think the chatter only comes when you get a lightweight smf

• Like 1

I have an OEM clutch and DMF removed from my old 07 VRS covered only around the 40k mark for sale if you need/want to replace with standard item.

I was running a Helix fast road clutch kit with SMF and it was great and it wasn't that loud tbh don't see what the fuss is about lol.

I have an OEM clutch and DMF removed from my old 07 VRS covered only around the 40k mark for sale if you need/want to replace with standard item.

I was running a Helix fast road clutch kit with SMF and it was great and it wasn't that loud tbh don't see what the fuss is about lol.

What u mean was? what happened to it?

• Like 1

As above, people say its due to the weight of performance smf that makes the chatter bad.

Never heard one with a heavy smf for comparison myself.

Mines got the sachs performance smf fitted, and chatter is bad.

But not as bad as the racket from the Helix performance one Dan had fitted in his!

Cheers m8 I'm still 50/50 now either new dual mass that will probily die again .... Or smf and it sound like a tractor ..... Iv heard a few people say they have put Valeo smf in and they have been fine maby because there cheaper and heavier ...