Looking at getting a set of blinds for my estate. I'm thinking of getting either the ones from UV car shades (van style) or the ones from super skoda. Could anyone recommend which set is best?

I have the van style ones, which took two sets of rear ones to get the correct fit - extra joining clips were required. The superskoda ones look like a one-piece affair. If those had been available at the time I would've gone for those, not that I've been unhappy with the van style ones, as they are doing their job well.

Looking at getting a set of blinds for my estate. I'm thinking of getting either the ones from UV car shades (van style) or the ones from super skoda. Could anyone recommend which set is best?

A friend of mine ordered a set from UV car shades,he's well pleased with them,they used to give a 5% discount if you bought from their ebay shop [don't know if they still do though ] I've been thinking about ordering from them but a tenner for delivery for such light items..is a bit of a stinger to my tight northerners wallet..lol

I have both, the genuine Skoda ones on the side (rear door) windows and the Vanstyle ones in the rear (boot) window.

They are very similar, although the genuine Skoda ones did seem to fit better.

For the estate make sure you choose a supplier who's rear (boot) blind is one piece, if they are two piece this increases the chances that they won't fit as well.

I have the super skoda ones. Single piece rear for the estate. Good fit. Another difference between van style and super skoda is that the van style ones come with a bag to keep them in, whereas the super skoda ones don't. It's unlikely to be a deal breaker, but if you think you're going to be taking them in and out a bit, it might be nice to have somewhere to keep them!

I bought the "superskoda" ones, they fit a treat, being a single piece for the rear screen means it looks factory, I bought mine when they had a sale on 20% off well that the VAT taken care of, even though I've got factory tinted rears they keep the prying eyes out the car. When they arrive you will look at the rear one and think that it is much to big for the window, work it in and you don't even have to use the clips they provide, another great purchase from "superskoda"

I've used both. I have used VanStyles ones in our previous Fabia vRS and Octavia estate. Pleased with how well they fitted and resistance to popping out when the rear windows were down. I have genuine ones in the Superb (from eBay for £25!) and they fit so well. I just use the pull up blind in the parcel shelf for the rear

• 3 months later...

I have Van style can't compare to the skoda ones, but for value for money and quality after 4 years, they still do as, and look like new. Pastures new now for me, so they are off to ebay soon. I have moved to the VW Touareg world.

I would recommend them however, having them in the car for 4 years, since new I can be a good judge. Great thing is they are easy to clip out if you need to reverse down a badly lit road at night and cant see a thing, which you cannot do with tints! But that's where camera's come in now.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I got delievered yesterday a set of shades from X-Shades in Slovakia the type that fit with magnets and wow so simple and perfect fit :-) 

Great service form the guys there and through the order proces they kept me updated and the delievey time was Errrr Superb.

100% Recommended