Rainsport 3 issues

Just had new RS3 fitted to my Fabia VRS

The car is standard, not remapped, not lowered. Since having the RS3's fitted this past weekend the car is more unpredictable in the corners. It dives before turning now and doesnt inspire confidence. 

Im lead to believe the RS3 are a softer tyre. Anyone care to comment.

Edited by fullbeem

less than 200. Fitted last Saturday, 

I've checked and they are the correct tyres and correct load rating for my car so am I now looking at other issues perhaps. 

78k miles

original brakes (front)

34 psi

The piece of road where this is most noticable is this part of the B4109 just off the M69 (marked in red)

A4ZzFYv.png

Edited by fullbeem

What do you mean when you say it dives before turning? it could be the fact that you have gone from a mixture of pretty naff sounding worn tyres to some excellent ones, therefore have high levels of adhesion to the road surface now which has changed the behaviour of the car (for the better) and you are simply not used to it?

What do you mean when you say it dives before turning? it could be the fact that you have gone from a mixture of pretty naff sounding worn tyres to some excellent ones, therefore have high levels of adhesion to the road surface now which has changed the behaviour of the car (for the better) and you are simply not used to it?

I will assume this may be the case a try a drive it like it not on rails for the time being

I had a pair fitted to the front wheels of my Fabia vRS recently to replace some RS2s. I can't say I have noticed any changes in the handling. Have your tyres been fitted the right way round, ie with outside visible on the sidewalls? If so, you will notice that the tread pattern is the opposite way round on the left and right tyres when you look at them from the front.

• Like 1

When I replaced my rear tyres the was horrible to drive. On the motorway the car was wandering all over the place, round corners it was unpredictable. after a few weeks I swapped them to the front worn them in for a month or so, swapped them back and all was well.

Only thing I can think of was excessive movement from the tread blocks.

As said by others these are good tyres and should perform very well.

What is the exact spec of the tyres? Are they the increased load ones?

Edit, you've given the spec.

I found the 83Y ones to be a bit soft on the front giving a tyre flex, but I only noticed this when really pushing it in the dry. They were great the other 99% of the time.

I found them to wear very fast, I left about half of the front tyres on Castle Combe race track in <30min.

I tried to get some higher load rating ones but they are hard to get and I ended up with Federal RSR's.

I'll wager that the dramatically better grip from the new tyres has lulled you into cornering faster without even realising, the piece of road you highlight curves from left to right which will involve a significant weight shift, it could be that your dampers are no longer handling the transition well enough.

Maybe a RARB and new dampers will sort it.

• Like 1

As a typical miser just fitted some new budget tyres at £67.00 the pair, plus fitting, at the tyre fitters.

Car sticks to the road like glue even given a sporty turn of speed into a corner (naughty I know yeh. yeh, tyres should be ran in)..

Probably when worn and water on the road will be like a aqua-planing sled..LOL..time will tell.

But having to change front tyres every 15 -18 months puts me off buying brand-names with their inflated price-tag, and don't last a second longer..

After driving to London and back this weekend the car seems to behaving more expected, as in no more excessive dip/dive and then turn. I do think the 83Y load rating are very soft in the sidewall (certainly from the look of them) and the front end weight of the Fabia doesnt help so yes will be probably looking at a new axle set by the end of '15

Could be, as stated, newness of the tyres at the time, dampers are knackered, RARB upgrade

I had a pair fitted to the front wheels of my Fabia vRS recently to replace some RS2s. I can't say I have noticed any changes in the handling. Have your tyres been fitted the right way round, ie with outside visible on the sidewalls? If so, you will notice that the tread pattern is the opposite way round on the left and right tyres when you look at them from the front.

Yep all correctly fitted. I do find that weird that the tread pattern is not symettrical but it works so shrug shoulders and carry on