Extended warranty claim problem - who to contact?

Hi all, I have an issue with the extended warranty on my Fabia following a breakdown at the weekend and the part not being covered due to another dealer supposedly carrying out work on it previously. They are denying this.

Does anyone have an email address for Skoda UK on issues like this? I know a few of you have contacted Skoda over various warranty issues before and if you had any suggestions.

I want to put something in writing and rather than wait for the post, I wanted to send an email tonight if possible.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Edited by richardsfavorit

Thanks goneoffski :thumbup: I had found that page, though thought it might be worth being a bit more direct. Maybe I am just being impatient though I am annoyed with what has been going on.

I think its car car ltd.

My car broke down on Saturday morning near Chirk - no drive due to the driveshaft coming off. It has done 102K and is 7 years old, however from what I understand this is far from normal!

The car was taken to the dealer I bought it from who I have dealt with many times and get on well with. They had it in the workshop on Monday, asking if the clutch had been replaced recently, which the RAC had asked too. I explained it is still on its original clutch. The dealer advised that the driveshaft needs replacing and new bolts need to be used too.

The car is under a Skoda extended warranty which I paid for in May last year (so it is close to running out). I paid £500 for both the warranty and the full RAC cover.

The warranty inspector came out and then said they wouldn't cover it as it had a replacement driveshaft in July 2013 - 28K ago. I checked all of my paperwork for the car and could not find anything mentioning a driveshaft replacement, only CV joint on the NSF and CV gaitors at various times.

The new driveshaft will cost £400 to buy and fit. I have spent over £1000 on servicing, gear linkages and wiring faults since January so I am getting frustrated with this now. I know I do a high mileage on rubbish roads (350 miles a week) but it is annoying to have to foot another bill.

I spoke to the old dealer I used and they explained they hadn't done the driveshaft and if it wasn't tight it would have come off within 1,000 miles. A mechanic friend has confirmed this too.

Skoda UK paperwork apparently says they did replace the drive shaft!

I spoke to the warranty team on 01274 260117 and they said they don't cover work done on previous repairs. They think the driveshaft has been replaced.

So as you can see I am going round in circles on the phone at the moment, hence the reason for wanting to take it a level higher now.

Cheers

I would ask for the paperwork that supposedly shows the drive shaft being replaced and take this to the garage that says they didn't. See if they can match the invoices up

• Like 1

All the best with it, it is a difficult one.

But the Original Warranty work should have been all Documented, and then you have been sold the Skoda Approved Extended Warranty,

but it is not with Skoda.

Not sure where you are going to get with things.

The important thing that they might try next is,  'Has the car been Serviced to the Manufacturers Service Guidelines,

so has it had a Minor or Major Inspection Service, and all up to date?

EDIT.

The Warranty Manager had the Information on the Previous Drive Shaft Replacement,

so who Paid for it,  Skoda out with Warranty, or an Extended Warranty maybe with them because

it was when the owner maybe bought it used.

As it is they will know how received payment for the Work, & from there you might get some resolve 

on them being aware but requiring to point out when you purchased a Warranty that Previous poorly 

carried out work on their behalf is no covered.

THere is a couple of threads on Members having issues with Car Care Ltd, if it is them.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Thank you both for the replies :thumbup:

I will ring the warranty company tomorrow I think before I put too much into writing this evening.

I have always had the car under an extended warranty since I bought it in May 2012 and have had some items paid, some not! My feeling with this is that it should be covered and they are not honouring it.

As you mention Nathanio I will be asking for the paperwork as both I and the old dealer are struggling to find any mention of a driveshaft issue.

A further note to this is that it has been serviced the majority of the by Skoda. A few services prior to me owning the car it was not serviced by dealers, in my term of ownership I only had it serviced by an ex dealer on one occasion.

I think the Main Reason is because they can and often do and people just accept that, Bend Over and Assume the Position.

But they Sold You a Extended Warranty, & previous Warranty Work was Required & that should be Guaranteed & possibly parts 

Guaranteed or Under Warranty.

So their word is not Final until all the Facts and Details are known, and one Professional is not Covering for an other,

or just saying,

'Warranty Invalid on this Failures',   Question the actual details & correct circumstances.

It is your Money, & you bought a Warranty as Insurance,  & it is actually a Insurance Policy and covered by Financial Transactions.

There is people that can help if Mis-Sold or the Warranty Manager & Underwriters does not act Correctly

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1