steaming up like a God dam steamroom

Hi all

My vrs is steaming up like mad and it's doing my head in!

Looked at the usual spots, footwell, aerial on roof, spare wheel well, and all dry. Keep thinking it's a door seal but the amount it steams up would suggest watter lying in the car. I've put in my dehumidifier over night twice and it didn't pull any watter out the can, I'm losing my mind!! Does anybody have any ideas on what it could be and how to fix it??

Thanks mark

It may just be something you have to live with. Mine has done it for years and it isn't leaking anywhere. The windscreen mists really badly on damp mornings. I did find changing the pollen filter helped a little bit but i changed it recently as part of its service and it's no better.

Mine used to mist up on the screen through the winter. I got into the habit of turning the temp right down on my way home and then turning all the vents off and the fan off, and it seemed to cure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mine was bad in the winter, not so bad when ambient temp balances things out a bit and the surfaces don't get so cold.  On particualrly cold mornings with damp overnights (and with my old Seat) I've had to use the ice scraper INSIDE the front and rear screens.  Just one of those things with having air con and surfaces that transfer a lot of heat like leather, it all adds up to make a difference regards how heat is transferred around the car when stationary overnight.  You could try these pots you can get from the pound shop that dehumidify or throw some silica gel sachets in the glove box, but in reality when temps are mismatched enough there's not a lot you can do.  As simspj says you could try managing the heat and venting you leave in the car on the wind down, could help a bit.  But yeah, learn to love the hassle basically.

Thanks for all the advice,

my old bora dun it to but after I changed the fan for a new one it was better, going to do the pollen filter, how do I get to it mesty101?

Must just be another non optional extra from skoda lol

Thanks mark

It's under the scuttle panel on passenger side, if you look under where the wiper blade is you'll see it.  Just need to carefully pop off the panel from the windscreen, you dont need to remove wiper from passenger side.  Try and do it by hand, if you must use a flat edge to prize it up, use something stiff but soft if you know what i mean, don't go jabbing a screwdriver down there.  Not sure if there is a clip round the top of the filter, used to be on my Seat but not done this car yet, but that and the filter should just lift out.

Oh, while you're in there check the rubber grommet sealing a hole near the filter, maybe get some sealant round it, when these perish its a common cause of passenger side water leaks, just figured while you're there it could be worh taking a preventative measure.

It's under the scuttle panel on passenger side, if you look under where the wiper blade is you'll see it. Just need to carefully pop off the panel from the UK windscreen, you dont need to remove wiper from passenger side. Try and do it by hand, if you must use a flat edge to prize it up, use something stiff but soft if you know what i mean, don't go jabbing a screwdriver down there. Not sure if there is a clip round the top of the filter, used to be on my Seat but not done this car yet, but that and the filter should just lift out.

Thanks mate will get on it this weekend. ☺

It's under the scuttle panel on passenger side, if you look under where the wiper blade is you'll see it. Just need to carefully pop off the panel from the UK windscreen, you dont need to remove wiper from passenger side. Try and do it by hand, if you must use a flat edge to prize it up, use something stiff but soft if you know what i mean, don't go jabbing a screwdriver down there. Not sure if there is a clip round the top of the filter, used to be on my Seat but not done this car yet, but that and the filter should just lift out.

Thanks mate will get on it this weekend. ☺

Do you have the curved arrow displaying on your climatronic controls?  If so its in recirc which will recirc cabin air.  If it is, turn it off

Otherwise

Is your air flap also stuck in recirc mode.  If this is the case its likely the flap motor has gone.  Take the glovebox out and fan blower.  Youll be able to see then the flat above leading up to the suctle area.  This can be manually moved to allow external air to come in.   Also make sure the pollen filter at this point above isnt soaked.

Do you have the curved arrow displaying on your climatronic controls? If so its in recirc which will recirc cabin air. If it is, turn it off

Otherwise

Is your air flap also stuck in recirc mode. If this is the case its likely the flap motor has gone. Take the glovebox out and fan blower. Youll be able to see then the flat above leading up to the suctle area. This can be manually moved to allow external air to come in. Also make sure the pollen filter at this point above isnt soaked.

Thanks mate, it recirculates fine tried it on both modes whilst pulling out my hair lol pollen filter will be getting changed this weekend.

Stuck recirculating flap causes humidity to rise in the cabin. Assuming you have climatronic, do a diagnostics check using the buttons.

A failed recirc flap servo is reported as F4A. If you want to know how to run the test, look at my previous posts.

Stuck recirculating flap causes humidity to rise in the cabin. Assuming you have climatronic, do a diagnostics check using the buttons.

A failed recirc flap servo is reported as F4A. If you want to know how to run the test, look at my previous posts.

Dear me just checked mine i have 4FA fault code. Is this the recirc motor fault and can it just be manually opened?