Bluetooth problem

ronhob

Whenever I try to connect to one of my contacts from my address book via the steering wheel method every time I get a message dial up failed. Any solutions please.

Whenever I try to connect to one of my contacts from my address book via the steering wheel method every time I get a message dial up failed. Any solutions please.

What brand phone?

I have a HTC One M8 and it works faultlesy with the Bluetooth in both my Rapid (2013 with Swing)and Yeti (2014 with Amundsen).

My contacts are associated with my Google account, rather than either the phone or SIM and I wonder if this may be the root of your problem?

Also I recall when initially pairing the phone a message appeared asking for access to contacts. Maybe worth removing the phone from memory on running through the pairing process again.

Excellent choice of phone by the way, very happy with mine!

No solutions but I find that calling from the contact list via Maxidot works only about 50% of the time.  The fact that it does work sometimes means that the numbers are right, it's just that the BT/GSM combination frequently fluffs placing the call.  I get the same failure rate using voice dialling, having confirmed the BT unit's guess at the number I was muttering to it.

My current phone is an Xperia Acro S.  I have a new Z3 Compact on the way so it might be interesting/instructive to see if BT dialling works any better with that.