Front Hub Nut/Drive Shaft nut

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to skoda and the site. I have a 2001 1.9sdi Fabia - the passenger side wheel bearings need doing - Does anyone know the size of the hub nut? It is'nt a normal nut, more like a Hex Allen key type around 19mm I would guess. Be grateful if anyone has the exact size so I can purchase the right one. Please see picture attached

Warm Regards

Stu

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Maybe i am missing something?? The nut is a strange type, seems like it needs a allen key or hex fitting to unscrew it, not a socket type fitting. Having trouble uploading a photo but will keep trying. Thanks so much for your help.

Some earlier cars had this odd, allen-key-needing hubnut.  I bought a genuine outer CV kit recently and it came with both options.  Maybe I still have the unused Allen-key version at home but I think I binned it.

19mm does sound familiar, I think.

Edit: I believe official Skoda advice suggests replacing these with the 12-point version whenever removed from a car (and they shouldn't be re-used anyway, irrespective of what replaces them).

Thanks Wino,

Yeah I have a replacement nut ready(the one you have suggested I think), came witht the wheel bearing kit.......problem is I cant start because I cant get the dame nut off!!! :D

No worries.  To avoid spending on a tool, you could try to find a bolt (M12?) with a 19mm head, and then lock a pair of nuts onto it and use that as a makeshift tool. Depends what you have to hand really.

• 3 months later...

Sorry forgot to say thank you and can't edit!

Cheers :)

Oh that kit does seem to come with a nut :thumbup:

And you're welcome :)

• Like 1