skoda superb greenline 2 2013 tdi

my battery was flat when i came home from holiday climate control  does not work fan for blower does not work so i supect the resistor has blown ordered one from ebay but not got a clue where

the resistor is to replace same problem with my 58 plate superb the garage changed it but alas the garage said it was a 2 week waiting list to look at my car i wondered if i could replace it myself

can anyone help me lots of people have looked at my problem i dont know where the resistor is  is it under the bonnet or behind the dash i need help i dont want to be pulling out bits that i dont know

Then it is unlikely to be a resistor (unless you are very unlucky) as they are speed specific. Therefore it is an open circuit somewhere (to state the obvious) which would normally point to a switch or motor as the most likely candidate, followed by a connector block.

Edited by Danny 57

I'd check the fuses before trying anything else. Take them out one by one (So you know where to return them to) and check with a multimeter.

Unlikely to be a resistor controlling speed in a climatronic system. Probably electronic control unit duff somewhere or the blower motor itself or as Danny says broken connection.

alas found out what is wrong  the resister pack is now combined with the blower  expensive replacement part  300 plus vat plus 1 hr labour

skoda is making things harder for us motorist

• Like 1