Noisy starter motor

I've done the search, it's the same symptoms (starts, then makes a horrible high pitch whine after) and I've followed the guide to clean it up too. It's the wife's car and she reports that sometimes it won't screach. It does it more often than not though.

I've stripped it down twice now, the latest was today and I stripped if a lot further than I did the first time (those bushes are a complete bitch to get back in!!). First strip I greased it up quite thoroughly, this time I did it lightly. Either way, it's no better.

Having looked through the cars' history (we purchased last January) it had a new starter from ECP fitted about 18 months ago. It would have been just over a year old when it started getting noisy.

Am I ****ing in the wind trying to resolve this and am I better off getting a replacement or is there something else I should try?

Edited by YellowOctaviaVRS

This is a common problem, that seems to either respond first time to a repair and clean, or it is a new one as they are forever noisy. There was a post a while back from a member on here that detailed changing the bush in the starter housing for a new one, but I can't remember who it was for the life of me.

My one does it all through the cold weather but stops as soon as it gets warm, so does my father in law's Fabia, I will change the bush on my car during this summer, as its only about £8-£10 with the seal. If it doesn't work then new starter it is.