Columbus / RNS510 parts for sale. Sold!

Rustynuts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Also have a slightly scratched screen for the Columbus. It was removed to fit a new screen and is fully functional. The scratches can hardly be seen when it's in use but I though it was too good to chuck so if anyone wants it, £20 delivered.

Note, it took ages to get a picture showing the scratches, and they're really not noticeable from the usual viewing angle when the unit's on.

IMG_0921.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is.

Do you have any pictures of it you could send me? My current Columbus seems to have a broken amplifier board.

Also, I have a spare Amundsen which doesn't turn on, would you be interested in that?

Do you have any pictures of it you could send me? My current Columbus seems to have a broken amplifier board.

Also, I have a spare Amundsen which doesn't turn on, would you be interested in that?

I'll message you later this aft with detailed pics.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'll have one. Need to know a little more about your unit though as there's newer ones which might be a problem.

its a 1T0035680B HW:03 SW: 0900 on sticker updated to SW:5238 josi 

presuming this board is the problem getting no sat fix 0/0

Edited by jabberwokki76

That's an early unit, and not something I would support I'm afraid. There are some slight differences between the boards and I wouldn't like to say if the one I had would be suitable. However, have you tried a different GPS antenna?

That's an early unit, and not something I would support I'm afraid. There are some slight differences between the boards and I wouldn't like to say if the one I had would be suitable. However, have you tried a different GPS antenna?

Yep tried two and in various locations even stuck it to the roof outside but still no luck one thing i did notice was if you go into info (hold down setup first screen) it reports as hw03 but if you go into diag screens (hold down setup longer in second menus ) reports radio board as hw 04  wondering if somebody in the past used  wrong firmware disc .... hasnt worked since i bought it although seller said everything worked ..... reading up on line looks like last full restore factory disc was 1120 but cant find a copy 

If you have an updated firmware (5238) as you initially said then that would be the best option for a firmware reload. More stable than anything else out there really. However, if you have a mismatch on the HW numbers (note these are not specifically the radio board) then summat's up. Either someone did something hookey with the hardware info and a software program, or you're misreading something.

Were the warranty seals intact when you bought it, and are the part number, HW number and SW number labels looking like they're untampered?

if any help looks the same as this pic

If you have an updated firmware (5238) as you initially said then that would be the best option for a firmware reload. More stable than anything else out there really. However, if you have a mismatch on the HW numbers (note these are not specifically the radio board) then summat's up. Either someone did something hookey with the hardware info and a software program, or you're misreading something.

Were the warranty seals intact when you bought it, and are the part number, HW number and SW number labels looking like they're untampered?

yep all seals/labels in place and untampered when i bought ...i have now broken those seals as stripped it down to replace hdd as original was playing up and was hoping it might help fix this problem too ... but just hopefull thinking everything else works fine just doesnt see any sat signals

I would suggest that a HDD playing up and no satellites being found would be a good reason for return and get your money back. As it is now I reckon it's your own paperweight. This is the reason I don't support the old LCD units, they're just too fragile and can fall apart and die as and when the fancy takes them.

I guess from the part number this is a VW unit rather than a Skoda? Best I can suggest is bop it on Ebay and sell it as spares or repair, let someone else have fun with it, and get some of your money back. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

I have a couple of VW units here which I'd have for sale if needs be.