Skoda Superb III - Alloy Wheels

Greetings one and all..

Anyone knows what are likely to be the options in terms of alloy wheels on the new Superb SE L Executive?

Press release states 18-inch Zenith alloy wheels which are utterly boring...

Skoda Auto website ( http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/new-superb/design ) indicates that Pegasus Anthracite will only be available on the L&K model... while the standard Phoenix and Phoenix Anthracite (featured at the Geneva Show) don't appear at all ! (Although they do in the Visualiser on http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/new-superb/overview page)

Will be quite a let down if the SE L Exec is limited to dull wheels... as I cannot stretch the budget to the L&K.

Cheers..

Whichever alloys are available, it certainly won't look as good in real life as it does on the Configurator...

No way will the arch gap be as small as that unfortunately :(

I think there is a option for 20"

They mentioned four diameter sizes at the launch

"A total of ten different wheel designs is available,in four sizes (16” to 19")"

I think 19s are probably large enough on a Superb though I know that some will want to push the limits a bit :)

If Škoda adopt VW Group's way of doing things... wheel designs and sizes will be limited to each model variant.

For example (i.e. Might not be the case):

Superb S - only 16" wheels available

Superb SE - only 17" wheels available

Superb SE L - only 18" wheels available

Superb L&K - only 19" wheels available

Within each Superb model (and its designated wheel size).. prob 2 designs to choose from at no extra cost... plus 1 or 2 designs (again, of the same size) at extra cost.

Noticed this sort of thing when playing with VW / Audi iOS App configurators.

Hoping the above is not the case as IMO, wheels totally transform the look of a car... therefore can become a deal breaker.

Also... read somewhere that EU regulators want (or already have) linked wheel sizes to efficiency / CO2 specs... adding a further deal breaker to company car drivers.

Edited by Didorx

If Škoda adopt VW Group's way of doing things... wheel designs and sizes will be limited to each model variant.

For example (i.e. Might not be the case):

Superb S - only 16" wheels available

Superb SE - only 17" wheels available

Superb SE L - only 18" wheels available

Superb L&K - only 19" wheels available

Within each Superb model (and its designated wheel size).. prob 2 designs to choose from at no extra cost... plus 1 or 2 designs (again, of the same size) at extra cost.

Noticed this sort of thing when playing with VW / Audi iOS App configurators.

Hoping the above is not the case as IMO, wheels totally transform the look of a car... therefore can become a deal breaker.

Also... read somewhere that EU regulators want (or already have) linked wheel sizes to efficiency / CO2 specs... adding a further deal breaker to company car drivers.

Your probably not too far off there on those wheel sizes versus spec level. I think that's the way it might work out in most markets. The L&K will have 18s as standard though with 19 as an option AFAIK. It does depend on local markets however - as an example in the current model, the elegance in the UK comes with 18s as standard fit but in Ireland 17s are the standard with 18s being options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I've just sold the Mrs on a 280 SE L red with Anthracite Pegasus .... Now it looks like they are not available on the SE L !! Anyone know for sure ?

Have a read of the brochure on pages 34-35. Looks like those are only on L&K trim.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/superb-2015-price-list.pdf

In fact it looks like any type of anthracite wheel can only be specified for L&K trim (18" Pagasus and 19" Phoenix).

Edited by l4wrence

My previous experience of buying a new Škoda Superb, albeit that was almost 4 years ago, was that you were restricted to the wheels available for your chosen trim level.

Having chosen "Elegance" I settled for the default 18" Themisto wheels but would have preferred the Luna wheels, except they were discontinued just when I went to place the order for the car.

I also wanted a second set of 16" wheels for winter tyres but did not like those being offered in the "accessories" catalogue.

The ones I did like were an "option" for the base model Superb and, although not listed in the accessories catalogue, I was able to order a set.

(I've recently ordered the new Superb III but wheels weren't an issue this time around as I actually like the "default" L&K 18" Pegasus anthracite.)

The lay of the land seems to be you can only specify wheels for your chosen trim level but can order, and thereby have to pay extra, for any wheels not listed for your trim level.

So, ordering a non-L&K and wanting anthracite wheels means buying them as a second set of wheels.

Perhaps you could talk your dealer into doing a trade-in on the wheels?

You can bet your last dollar they won't do 1-for-1 but with the possibility of them making a small profit out of the deal it could reduce your outlay.

I haven't seen a UK accessories catalogue yet but it may be of interest to you to see the other wheel options shown in the German catalogue...

post-74330-0-38569200-1437345720_thumb.jpg

Thanks all.... Well it will have to be that wheel.... Any idea what it's rrp is ?

Škoda seem to charge according to wheel size with a few pounds difference according to style/finish so for 19" your probably looking at £260 per wheel (£210 for 18").

That's based on what they're currently charging for Octavia wheels in the UK accessories brochure (no Superb wheels listed).

The German brochure lists all 19" at €349, 18" at €253 to €265.

• Like 1

Škoda seem to charge according to wheel size with a few pounds difference according to style/finish so for 19" your probably looking at £260 per wheel (£210 for 18").

That's based on what they're currently charging for Octavia wheels in the UK accessories brochure (no Superb wheels listed).

The German brochure lists all 19" at €349, 18" at €253 to €265.

Ouch :-(