Front brake disks

Had the wheels off front of car today and noticed the retaining screw that holds the brake disk on is missing so disk spins on hub . didnt think it would be too serious a problem as wheel nuts would  hold it in place or am i missing something . 

Both front discs on mine are like this. Nothing to worry about as like you've mentioned the wheel bolts hold them in place. Both screws actually snapped when changing the discs I've been meaning to try and remove them but never got round to it.

I vever had that screw since I own the car.....

The problem is you will get dirt betweed the disc and hub because of the missing screw to keep them in place,so you;ll get nasty vibrations on breaking at higher speeds.

I spray a lot of breake cleaner to remove the dirt periodically

Noticed this on my Octy when I had the wheel off this week. The screw had been ground off so suspect it was seized when the last owner had the discs changed. In the absence of a suitable length of threaded M12 rod it makes remounting the wheel a pain because the disc kept moving out of position, so I gave up trying to refit the wheel for now while the engine is out

Missing screw is not a problem tbh.. but if you are worried about it, just move the disc round one position and using the brake disc as a guide just drill a new hole in the hub then tap it to take a screw, i've done this on loads of cars.

Missing screw is not a problem tbh.. but if you are worried about it, just move the disc round one position and using the brake disc as a guide just drill a new hole in the hub then tap it to take a screw, i've done this on loads of cars.

May not be hassle to a car man like yourself Teflon but to a newbie like me i can only imagine th dramas 

Edited by crocodile