56 PLATE HEATER PROBLEM

Hi

looking for your help and advise on problem which has just shown up.

in short my heater is not working, car temp goes between 80 and up to 90 degrees ( always previously went to 90 which is normal)  but will blow very cold air when started, to slightly warmer when in 80-90 degree range , this take about 5 mile drive to reach this temp. thankfully car is not going any higher. I am just wondering if any member seen this issue before, my first though would be that it might be thermostat, which is permantely stuck , but would welcome your imputs.... climate control is changing, but having no effect on temp ,and will not increase temp or lower it

many thanks

Mick

Edited by MICKEYMAC

Your best bet would be to hook up with a VAG-COM which should tell you your error code.

From your description (and my past experience), might be that your culprit is the V68 (part no 8D1 820 511B in my case) - the positioning motor for the temperature flap. Error code for this would be 01271 and one cheap option is to buy used from eBay.de, as I did (paid 30 Eur, still working today). The real hassle is to replace it, as you would need to take apart the center console to gain access to it, I did this at my indy mechanic...

Another possibility would be the thermostat, which in your case should be easier to change than in a V6 engine, I did mine during the cambelt change, even if it was working fine...

• 3 months later...

hi , how difficult is it to change. also some further details, when the car is in traffic standstill , the heat inside car will increase and temp will not go above 90 degrees on dash

Edited by MICKEYMAC

Are you sure you are the right forum? 

I don't think the Superb I (3U) has a 1.9 TDI with 105hp. 

The Superb 2 has though. 

Edit: Just learned what "56 Plate" means. Sorry for the unnecessary post. 

Edited by nafetss

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

looking for your help and advise on problem which has just shown up.

in short my heater is not working, car temp goes between 80 and up to 90 degrees ( always previously went to 90 which is normal)  but will blow very cold air when started, to slightly warmer when in 80-90 degree range , this take about 5 mile drive to reach this temp. thankfully car is not going any higher. I am just wondering if any member seen this issue before, my first though would be that it might be thermostat, which is permantely stuck , but would welcome your imputs.... climate control is changing, but having no effect on temp ,and will not increase temp or lower it

many thanks

Mick

Thermostat?

Air lock? (Anything changed re cooling system recently)

Would have also suspected climate control - except for the clue with the lower temperature displayed

• 3 months later...