upgrading from 1.2 yeti to 3.6 superb

Is the V6 really that fast then guys? What sort of figures are we talking about?

It has some pretty long legs, was the fastest Skoda in production until now and the last ever V6 skoda will sell.

The new superb is 280bhp 4x4 but it's a 2.0 TSI that'll be pretty quick too!

• Like 1

Is the V6 really that fast then guys? What sort of figures are we talking about?

'On paper' figures (manufacturers claims) and real world speeds are often quite different. Estates and saloons (Superb2) are similar because although the estate has 'more metal' the saloon carries the mechanism for that twin door set up so I imagine they kind of cancel out weight wise.

In standard trim:

0-100kmh (0-60mph ish) between 6 and 6.5 seconds. Top end 240kmh + (150 ish)

In gear acceptation quite brutal especially with paddle shifts and sports mode :) The awd system just helps to catapult the thing forward at tremendous pace. A couple of in-car video links below (not me...YouTube heroes on private roads or autobahns of course ;) )

0-100kmh

0-240kmh

100-200 kmh

• Like 1

after a days playing with it i cant be more happy with it.

the ride is like a magic carpet

it is quieter than the yeti

the gear changes are completely unnoticeable

from 30 to 70 is immediate

the brakes are instant

matthew

• Like 3

Plus you will meet lots of new people

Petrol station staff mainly....lol

Absolutely.....next to diesel drivers who are slowly discovering that the draw of diesel is not quite what they were led to believe running costs wise (especially at servicing but also at the pump) ;)

i have just gone into the car insurance comparison sites and the car is coming up as  (2015 Skoda Superb Elegance Tsi 4X4, 3597CC Petrol, 5DR, Auto)

yet the order form and the conformation of registration sheet that the dealer gave me says that it is a (2015 Skoda Superb Elegance Fsi 4X4, 3597CC Petrol, 5DR, Auto)

the strange thing is that the websites list both when you enter the details manually but the prices vary by upto £500 from the same insurer.

surely TSI means turbo and the car has not got a turbo so why does the insurance system list as such and is there a way of getting it corrected so as i dont have to pay almost twice the amount on my insurance.

do i have to wait for my v5 to come to see what is on that or can i just speak to the insurers to get them to change the details on the system and will i have this problem to sort every year when i get a renewal quote.

matthew

My maxim is "if in doubt, speak to a human being". It works time and time again. Perhaps in some market or other there is a turbo 3.6 and it's been loaded onto the computer for UK incorrectly...........especially after using comparison sites!

Even the AA insurance site could not find my exact car,you would think they would have a better idea.

So back to the old fashioned way of doing things on the phone but the phone has advantages,i asked the call handler for a discount and I got it :clap:.

James.

I got my black twin door V6 about six months ago (I'm the second owner its a 60 plate with 32k on the clock.) I paid 10k for it and to be honest I think it is a complete bargain. Mine was the elegance spec but it included the following extras.

Front park assist so it reverse parks itself . ( really strange the first time you use it, but has proved useful a few times)

Paddle shift steering wheel. - if Im going for a drive just for the hell of it then I like to use the paddles.

Upgraded speaker system. - sounds good but I have never heard a normal superb so not sure how much the improvement is.

Rear heated seats - people love these in winter when in the back.

Built in retractable sun blinds - very useful when trying to get the kids to sleep on long drives.

Isofix on the front seat - think this is an optional extra but not sure.

I'm not sure the origionly sale price for that little lot but I bet it wasn't far of £30k.

Considering it looked new when I got it I think the 10k I paid for it is excellent value. I don't mind the £480 a year road tax or the

More than normal fuel consumption because the performance and comfort more than make up for it.

I have also upgraded the sat nav to the latest softwhere and firmwhere, and fitted a dash cam. I hope to get the wheels painted a nice gunmetal colour soon to.

At the moment it is in the garage having a new radiator fitted due to a hole made from a stone. I'm using a Toyota Yaris 1.0 in the meantime. I want my V6 back

Edited by Rob8980
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...