Octy || bong

I own a 56 plate Octy, I sometimes get a bong when starting ,not a lights on ,or seatbelt or door open bong.

I get this Bong when turnover is slow,is it a battery warning bong, I have had this car nearly 9 years ,still same battery, still starts 1 St pull!

Press your buzzer when you know the answer

Yes, this is the low battery warning.

Some car's also get a warning appear on the radio display too.

Most people notice it when the car doors are open (interior lights on) and the radio is on etc. whilst they are cleaning the interior.

The car bongs and the message appears briefly in the radio.

Time for a new battery.

Thought that it might be,not mentioned in handbook, after nine years can't grumble!

What best to replace with? 'This not dead yet.

I found a cheap Bosch S5 AGM battery on t'interweb - cost a bit more than a standard battery and is a little larger but bombproof

If it's an AGM battery make sure you don't let it go flat - they need to be looked after carefully and trickle charged using specific chargers over many days...

I wondered what that was!

The other week I started cleaning out the car. Only had the radio on 5 mins when it bonged and a message on the radio appeared telling me to start the engine to prevent the battery draining or words to that effect.

I have also noticed that usually looking at the battery voltage in maxidot it's a rock solid 14v but it's been fast idling a lot and the voltage showing 13.8 then hovering up to 14.0v then back down again.

Think I may be due a new battery soon. I think it's on the original one.

Phil

Thought that it might be,not mentioned in handbook, after nine years can't grumble!

What best to replace with? 'This not dead yet.

Bosch S5 or Varta E44, 096 size - great batteries.

Around the £70 mark but you get what you pay for.