OCTAVIA MK2 BODY CONTROL MODULE

Hi.  My wife's 2006 Octavia Mk2 estate has a non-functioning brake light.  Our mechanic has traced it to the body control module, part number 3C0 937049 E.  This part appears to fit lots of different VAG cars.  If I bought this part but it came from a different car, would it still work on the Octavia?  Would any reprogramming be required?

Thanks and regards

Jude Burcombe

No, doesn't store the remotes. I changed mine on my Scout last year, to one from a Passat. The only thing that I ended up changing to match the Octavia was a brightness level on the rear tail-lights. Old one is still on my desk (nice paper-weight ;) ) Only changed mine so I could get cornering lights. ;)

Took about 15 minutes to swap out. A code check/reset should only add about 10 to that at the most.

No special tools needed, other than VCDS. :)

Oh and it's the Central Electrics Control Module (CECM). BCM was on the later ones (facelift) ;)

I thought it was the CCM...lol too many ccccccc's

Yeah, I feel your pain on that one ;) ;)

CCM is the Comfort Control Module ;)

It is, BCM replaced CECM during the facelife. CECM and BCM are also not interchangable either. (Different connectors for starters)

Not only that, but a 2006 will be a 23-byte CECM instead of a 30-byte one. The only major difference is the 30-byte will give you cornering lights.

Many thanks chaps.  The car has fogs but not cornering lights (as far as I am aware).  So if I get a 23-byte CECM with the correct part number I should be OK?