front wipers

went to drive car tonite,as it been raining wipers are going funny only front ones going very slow on all speeds seem to stop and start,but going slow any ideas my car is skoda octavia classic 1.9tdi 05 cheers

On the mk1 this could have been down to seized linkage.  Not sure if the mk2 suffers from similar issues.  Was the movement just slow, or slow and juddery?

Very similar issue to what happened on my mk1.  You needed to remove the linkage and clean up the spindles (as they go rusty), and then repack with grease and put back together.  As I say, I'm not sure if this is still an issue with the mk2.

Is your car a mk2 or or mk1, as I;m thinking that 2005 could have been a very last of the mk1 (especially in classic spec as that might have been made as a taxi)

I have heard of people slackening off the nut and then using a puller to help break the corrosion between the wiper arm and the spindle.  Also a bit of plug gas dribbled down the spindle might help too.

Edited by mbames

all done stuck wd40 left it over nite then used some mole grips,bit tug here and pull then pop,,and yep  linkage was well stuck on the left so done both,,runs spot on now

• Like 1