Briskoda How Fast 2015 - anyone else fancy it in a Yeti ?

muddyboots

In case you weren't aware, next weekend (Sat 2nd May) Briskoda are having a "How Fast" session at Bedford Autodrome.

I think there's a couple of places free, anyone else fancy having a go in a Yeti ?

I'm taking mine along, and Richard (Bossfox) is taking his (not sure which one!).

More details here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/340255-briskoda-how-fast-2015-bedford-02052015/page-10#entry4216657

Looks like a perfect place to have a taster of track action - miles of run-off so no barriers to hit, it's not an all day session so isn't too hard on cars, and it's just with fellow Briskoda members :) You don't need a fast car or track weapon, I think last year someone did it in a standard Citigo and had good fun by all accounts.

Just thought I'd post this here for anyone who doesn't venture outside of the Yeti forum!

I'd love too but ever since I was a reluctant recruit admitted to the R.A.F on National Service at a place called R.A.F Cardington I swore I'd  never enter the county again. :devil:

Fred

• Like 3

I'd love too but ever since I was a reluctant recruit admitted to the R.A.F on National Service at a place called R.A.F Cardington I swore I'd  never enter the county again. :devil:

Fred

Fred, did you fill those balloons with hot air?  :angel:

Heading for the corner.......................... :D

Fred, did you fill those balloons with hot air?  :angel:

Heading for the corner.......................... :D

You must also have sampled a National Service diet. :giggle:

National Service finished in 1960, Fred. Methinks Graham was a bit young for enlisting.

Tony

Thanks for that Tony!

Is there a grey haired corner I can retire too? :x

Fred

....Is there a grey haired corner I can retire too? :x ....

How about we set up an ex-NS bar next to Bob's Corner?  (RAF Cardington wasn't too bad, really; rather like the dentist's waiting room :peek: .  Bridgenorth followed, for me - where for you?) 

Brian

Only a Yeti track day thread could be derailed into boiled beef and carrots and RAF memories

Oi, Bryan! It's not the Yeti threads that are derailed - just some of us members are :happy:

Brian

• Like 2

How about we set up an ex-NS bar next to Bob's Corner?  (RAF Cardington wasn't too bad, really; rather like the dentist's waiting room :peek: .  Bridgenorth followed, for me - where for you?) 

Brian

Sorry, didn't mean to verge off topic..really!  :notme: 

However, likewise Bridgenorth followed by embarkation leave before before sailing to sunny RAF Steamer Point!

Please, anyone, feel free to get this back on topic. :sweat:

Fred 

Bit of feedback...

If anyone is toying with the idea of having a go on a track, I have to say a Briskoda-only How Fast session at Bedford is the perfect event!

Had a great day. I was about the slowest one there, due to understeering everywhere on the stock Yeti suspension and still not having my remap - but still great fun.

No barriers to hit, and the only other cars on the track in the hour's practice are fellow Briskodians all being respectful to each other.

Not a full day, and the circuit isn't too fast, so it's not too stressful on the cars either.

Great to put faces to names and have a nosey round other cars while parked up in the pit lane.

Here's a clip I took during the practice time:

https://youtu.be/L6MVLCd2TCY

At 1m42s you see Richard fly by in the mad Yeti.

And this clip shows my warmup and timed laps at the end:

https://youtu.be/GF6PYq_Av_Q

• Like 3

Bit of feedback...

If anyone is toying with the idea of having a go on a track, I have to say a Briskoda-only How Fast session at Bedford is the perfect event!

Had a great day. I was about the slowest one there, due to understeering everywhere on the stock Yeti suspension and still not having my remap - but still great fun.

No barriers to hit, and the only other cars on the track in the hour's practice are fellow Briskodians all being respectful to each other.

Not a full day, and the circuit isn't too fast, so it's not too stressful on the cars either.

Great to put faces to names and have a nosey round other cars while parked up in the pit lane.

Here's a clip I took during the practice time:

At 1m42s you see Richard fly by in the mad Yeti.

And this clip shows my warmup and timed laps at the end:

Great clips, I hope I get chance to bump into you at a future track day. I think there is something very uniquely Briskoda about a Yeti on track. Better still that it is a surprisingly capable , machine.

Get that remap on and some uprated ARB's, perhaps a better brake fluid and some higher temp brake pads, you will be showing up some of those tuned Mk1 Fabias and other cars.

Have you got a build thread for when this all gets out of hand?