superb v6 not listed on insurance comparison sites correctly

i have just gone into the car insurance comparison sites and my car is coming up as  (2015 Skoda Superb Elegance Tsi 4X4, 3597CC Petrol, 5DR, Auto)

yet the order form and the conformation of registration sheet that the dealer gave me says that it is a (2015 Skoda Superb Elegance Fsi 4X4, 3597CC Petrol, 5DR, Auto)

the strange thing is that the websites list both when you enter the details manually but the prices vary by upto £500 from the same insurer.

surely TSI means turbo and the car has not got a turbo so why does the insurance system list as such and is there a way of getting it corrected so as i dont have to pay almost twice the amount on my insurance.

do i have to wait for my v5 to come to see what is on that or can i just speak to the insurers to get them to change the details on the system and will i have this problem to sort every year when i get a renewal quote.

matthew

Just be sure that if you have cover,

that cover is for exactly as your model is, each detail of your car & edition.

If they can not identify, then do not start the Cover Running.

Speak with a human, and be sure that if they can not handle it they get someone competent that can.

Lots of Good Brokers on here that can get it right and possibly improve on Comparison Site Prices and with a better service.

Enjoy the new car.

• Like 1

• Sponsor

i have just gone into the car insurance comparison sites and my car is coming up as  (2015 Skoda Superb Elegance Tsi 4X4, 3597CC Petrol, 5DR, Auto)

yet the order form and the conformation of registration sheet that the dealer gave me says that it is a (2015 Skoda Superb Elegance Fsi 4X4, 3597CC Petrol, 5DR, Auto)

the strange thing is that the websites list both when you enter the details manually but the prices vary by upto £500 from the same insurer.

surely TSI means turbo and the car has not got a turbo so why does the insurance system list as such and is there a way of getting it corrected so as i dont have to pay almost twice the amount on my insurance.

do i have to wait for my v5 to come to see what is on that or can i just speak to the insurers to get them to change the details on the system and will i have this problem to sort every year when i get a renewal quote.

matthew

I would recommend talking to an insurer directly rather than using a comparison site if the vehicle details are being brought up incorrectly.

If you wanted to PM me your details I would be happy to arrange for our quotes team to give you a quick call to take your details, we can insure it correctly even if it means listing the car manually ourselves.

Kind regards,

Dan.