What cone filters do you have or suggest? MK1 VRS

Yes, an S2000 paper cone filter, cheap, efficient, chuck it in the bin and fit another when you need to change it, also probably good to 300 bhp or so.

Ok any idea where to get one :P

Ones ive found are not so cheap. 

What year s2000? some seem to have a panel filter 

Eurocarparts one looks differant, and diameters seem odd http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda_S2000_2.2_2009/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/air-filter/?50260019J&1&e4355bda8d7d607891c0fb788167110600665606&000008

Ok any idea where to get one :p

Ones ive found are not so cheap. 

What year s2000? some seem to have a panel filter 

Eurocarparts one looks differant, and diameters seem odd http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda_S2000_2.2_2009/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/air-filter/?50260019J&1&e4355bda8d7d607891c0fb788167110600665606&000008

year doesn't matter, none had a panel filter

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok i have fitted this, performance is noticeably worst than the panel filter in lower revs. Sounds louder .. i dont think i like it much.

If performance is worst in lower revs, does this filter not allow enough air flow?

I think... It won't make any difference other than what's been pointed out about the turbos.

You won't need much air at lower revs, maybe at full throttle for a long time it will be sucking in plenty more air than lower down so that's flawed anyway.

ok i have fitted this, performance is noticeably worst than the panel filter in lower revs. Sounds louder .. i dont think i like it much.

If performance is worst in lower revs, does this filter not allow enough air flow?

It's not that, it's that the standard airbox and inlet system is designed to increase off-boost torque while the turbo spools.

Ok, I won't quote anything at you as you are obviously an expert in the field of air filters and as you say are very experienced. Little did I know that a world leading air filter manufacturer was wrong, all the marketing is also untrue and there are thousands of turbo charged cars out there with knackered turbo's because of cone filters.

I am off to read mattbvRS link to learn a bit, maybe you wrote it sepulchrave?   :wonder:

I had best go and buy a paper filter too and replace my cone filter before any foreign objects muller the turbine.

M8 I been running a cone filter on a 480bhp corsa vxr mated with a gtx30 turbo check the blades no problems what so ever I going for a k&n on my fabia as I was running a foam filter but fitted standard airbox and standard filter last week and its def no as responsive as it was so cone next for me :)