Replacing a broken N/S AFS headlight

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice.  I've had a 2012 Superb Elegance for a few months - a recent incident involving a deer (who ran off without exchanging insurance details I might add) means that I've now got a broken headlight and fog light, both N/S.

The fog light is intact but the grey clips on either side that hold it in the housing have snapped off.  I've been quoted £47 for a replacement OEM fog light, and am happy with that.

The headlight lens has broken, and the plastic tabs which screw onto the housing have snapped.  The headlight itself still appears to work.  For this, I've been quoted £400 for an OEM part - the entire headlight unit - from a Skoda dealer.  Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket equivalents for this which include the cleaning system and work with AFS?  The cost is creeping passed the line where I put my wallet away and ask my insurance to sort it instead, so I want to explore what options I have before I do that.

Cheers,

Simon

Did you check eBay for any? Sure when I looked before they were a touch over £300. Other thing is to talk to SkoSpares.co.uk as they break just Skoda's and nay be able to source a second hand item

There is a fixing pack for this, which is much cheaper than a new headlamp housing. I will try to find the thread and post it for you.

EDIT: here you go: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/287658-Broken-headlight-mounting-brackets/page__view__findpost__p__3410150

Edited by JakeBlade

Thanks both!

I'll get in touch with SkoSpares tomorrow and see if they have anything available.

The repair kit looks promising but the lens on the headlight has a hole in it.  I'll take a look and see if I can do anything with that or whether that will mean a new unit anyway.  I'm hoping not!