Dashcam in....

Keep us posted on how it goes.... And some clips when you have tested it properly.

Always handy to find alternatives. Only reason I went with my möbius rather than others is that it's night performance was really good and around 60-70% of my driving is on pitch black motorways.

well, after discovering the 32gb tf class 10 micro card is causing problems and buying a 16gb version, the videos (even at 780dp) are good in daylight

ill try to edit a vid down to a size i can upload to whotoobe as the camera doesnt produce short clips just long ones 

anyone know what "loop recording" would be?

As far as I understand it mate, loop recording means it'll start to overwrite older files as you run out of space. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s difficult to tell as youtube can scale the quality down... but it doesn’t look particularly clear, the single most important thing you need t be able to read clearly is the numberplate (otherwise how can you use it as evidence?)

I agree. I save clips at 1080p, and upload them straight to Youtube. I get these results with a Blackvue DR600 with custom firmware (make sure you set the quality to 1080p)

Its getting a days driving onto 1 card thats my problem, i had it set on auto power and motion detect and 720dp, and i think 30fps

on a taxi day (10 hours) i probably drive for over 8, on a school week i only drive 4 or 5 hours

Wow yeah that's alot of hours.

Don't know how  your system is set up, but mine only runs when the car is on (no motion detection no parking mode), and I turned down all the sensors for the "events". Normally when the SD card is full, the camera will format the card and start again automatically. However with "event" mode set, the camera registers large movements and saves those clips as "events", so these will never be deleted by the camera. If you have the "event" sensitivity set very high it will register pretty much everything as event, so the card will fill up and you're stuck.

Maybe try lowering or disabling the event setting (if you have it), and ask yourself if you really need the parking mode?

it only gets power when the ignition is on, i.e. when the car starts (it has its own battery should i need to play with it) if the car stops with the engine running the motion sensor halts the recording, apart from the the 1080/720dp setting and 60/30 FPS option thats about it as far as I can see.

it has an AV output im yet to look at 

Think the 16GB cad is going to have trouble recording a full day @ 1080 tbh.

If you look at this chart (Blackvue numbers but how much difference can there be?) you can estimate how much footage you'll be able to record before it's full.

2u8w8eg.jpg

That looks alot better. I'd suggest pointing the camera down a bit if you can, in general people use 1/3 bonnet 2/3 road/sky as a rule. All these dash camera's have problems focussing between bright skies and dark roads. The more sky you see in the picture, the more it'll try to process BRIGHTdarkBRIGHTdarkBRIGHT. I turned my view down quite alot as you can see and it stabilised the image a bit. Granted it's not the prettiest view (dash + bonnet) but no point in taping the sky!

Now all that's left is testing longevity, run the camera hard for a week or 2 and see if it works as intended!

Edited by Too Tall

As long as you can view number plates on the actual recordings you'll be fine. I would also suggest lowering the view so there is less sky in the picture. Does the camera give the option of clip length? My Mobius gives the option of 1, 3 or 5 minute clip length. I have mine set to 3 minutes per clip. Also does the camera have the ability to copy protect a clip when required? If so the total recording time may not be as important? On the Mobius you just press a button and it will write protect that clip until you physically delete it yourself from the card. (It also write protects the previous clip if you press the button in the first minute of the current clip and will also write protect the following clip if the button is pressed in the final minute of the current clip).

I have mine set to record in 1080p wide angle which is approx 170degrees FOV. This means on my 32gb card I get around 4-5 hours of recording before it then starts recording over the oldest clip again. Others have used 64gb cards etc.... So as to record 8hrs and more on a card.

Here are a couple of my early test clips as I've since adjusted the camera so it is pointing down very slightly more and I have made other adjustments within the cameras settings for contrast and colour saturation etc.....