Wrong model year

When looking for parts or insurance for my Mk1 55 plate most of the sites if I put in thats it a 55 plate it comes up as a 2.0 turbo which I assume would make it a Mk2, why dont these places realise that the mk1 was registered after 2004? Its annoying more than anything.

Edited by Woody77

Pretty much all that were registered after 2004 were Taxis. If you give them your reg or chassis number there shouldn't be any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mate haven't had any issues its just the drop downs always seem to point to it being a 2.0 turbo if I put my Reg in there normally isn't a problem, but I did notice when looking for insurance that if I put my reg in the car wouldn't be found, like I said no problem just annoying so just wondering why?

Wasn't the 1.9 diesel  engine changed to the "PD" type from January 2004 until the end of production in the Mk 1 ?  ... though I believe that my June 2004 registered Octavia Ambiente estate has the pre-2004 engine.

Alan.

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't the 1.9 diesel  engine changed to the "PD" type from January 2004 until the end of production in the Mk 1 ?  ... though I believe that my June 2004 registered Octavia Ambiente estate has the pre-2004 engine.

Alan.

Mines a vRS 1.8 20vt so it either comes out of drop downs as like you say 1.9 diesel or 2.0 turbo petrol I normally just change it to 2004 model year to get correct engine,