Hankook tyres on Fabia

Collected a [pre owned 2012 1.2  70hp  Fabia with nearly 6000 miles from main dealer first impressions very good  checked tyre tread depth  5mm front 7mls on rear  the tyres are Hankook  did not expect to find  mid range tyres, the spare is continental  as expected  anyone know if these would be a normal  factory fitted  tyres .   

Collected a [pre owned 2012 1.2 70hp Fabia with nearly 6000 miles from main dealer first impressions very good checked tyre tread depth 5mm front 7mls on rear the tyres are Hankook did not expect to find mid range tyres, the spare is continental as expected anyone know if these would be a normal factory fitted tyres .

Not that i know of.

How many miles on the car?

Surprised at midrange? Meh, i bought a set of premium vector 4 seasons for mine in about November time.

One of the standard fitment tyres are the bridgestone er300 turanza's which i found soo noisey they ruined the car.

Enjoy the car.

This would be a good time to swap wheels / tyres front to rear, rear to front and get good wear and value out of the tyres.

Best check & possibly reset the pressures as well because that is a bit high a wear rate for only 6,000 miles.

• 6 months later...

I know it's chalk and cheese,was surprised to discover Hankook tyres fitted to my new camper,to be honest was a bit disappointed .

I then read a test in a Motorhome magazine and they rated top!!Better than Michelin,Conti and several other makes.

Wouldn't worry mate,we don't know where anything comes from these days!!

I have 3 (was 4 before a puncture) Hankook V12 Evo's tyres on my vRS which I absolutely love and have had them on for a good 30,000 miles with plenty of tread depth left. The one that got a puncture was replaced by an Evo 2 as the ones I've got are an old model and aren't made anymore. The old ones actually had a better fuel economy and wet grip rating than the new ones if I remember rightly. C for fuel economy, C for wet grip and 68 or 69dB. Much better than the Pirelli P Zero Nero that came with the car in about every way possible. The Pirelli's would spin very easily, were noticeably louder and the cars fuel economy noticeabley went up once the hankooks were fitted too.

Nowt wrong with Hankook Ventus, son bought a set of them for his Bocanegra at £62 a corner from tyreleader mainly due to tyre ratings for wet weather handling (given we do tend to get a lot of rain lol) being A rated for braking, but also on the recommendation of our mechanic at work who reckoned Michelin were simply not worth the difference in price. We run 10 Merc Sprinter minibuses that previously ran on Michelin, Continental and Bridgestone, he reckons in terms of performance and wear/ tear that the Hankook is as good as any of them. 

So far the ones on my son's car seem to be doing the job just fine, he likes them having previously had Bridgestone on.