Discreet Dash Cam Install

To anyone struggling with no display and setup I got this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261856470938?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does the job perfectly, fitted it in the small drop down door think below steering wheel.

Also accepts dual inputs so if you had a rear one too its ideal.

Thats just the sort of thing i was after,ive ordered one & i will wire a male cigarette lighter end onto the wiring on the unit then i can just plug it into the cigarette lighter when i want to set up the cameras etc.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm so temped as really want one but how long will it last for you know what these Chinese products are like..

Gotta be worth a punt at £16 though surely.

• Like 1

Well, you pays your money etc.

If your not up for a gamble, then probably best going for a mobius from banggood

Got one for the missus and worked out around £70-80 with all the accessories

Much better dash cam all round though

• Like 2

If your not up for a gamble, then probably best going for a mobius from banggood

I don't mind taking a punt for the money looks great might go for it wanted one for awhile now as smallest one I can find I hate big dash cams..

Methinks you might have clicked 'yes' to allow YouTube to stabilise the video? The date/time in the bottom left hand corner & car bonnet is all over the place. If it's not YouTube stabilisation, what the...??? Am I drunk? :D

I'm impressed with the quality for such a cheapy! :thumbup:

You may well be correct...

Just got mine through the post today, I have the piggy back fuses so I'm good to go. The only thing I'm worried about is the trim down the windscreen does it come off easy?

Comes off very easily

Remember what I said, start the installation from the gap under the steering wheel and feed the red/white/black wires towards the fusebox

Then run the cables up from the fusebox towards the headlining, rather than down

Its easier, and the video cable is close enough to the HU if compatible.

I fitted my 2nd one to my rear window this evening,didnt go to plan,i could only find a constant live in the wiring to the cd changer,not a massive issue but it meant running a wire from the cd changer loom up through the pillar through the flexible loom cover into the tailgate to connect to the camera loom,i found a earth wire & 3 ignition lives all going to the rear wiper motor so i connected to one live & the earth wire & tried it,it all worked so i set up the time & date etc then put all the trim back together then rechecked it & the camera was dead,no lights on at all....bugger! rechecked all my connections,all seemed good & power was there where required,removed the camera & plugged it into the front wiring & it worked! refitted it to the rear & still dead....very bizarre,checked all connections for power & all still seemed ok,removed it all from the car & connected the camera & loom to a free standing battery & gave it a ignition live & the camera works so it must be my wiring on the car so going to do it all again tomorrow,im going to earth it to the tailgate instead of connecting to the wiper motor earth wire but i cant see why that wouldnt work,only ignition lives are to the wiper motor so im going to have to use one of them,will solder the wires tomorrow instead of using crimp connectors...very annoying!  :D

Rear camera fitted & working fine,i had a bad connection in the joint of the constant live into the cd player(long day at work yesterday & should have left the job until today but wanted it in so i could start on my garage today :D ) , I re did all the connections & its all good! date & time set up on both camera's now.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

So mine has now got here, quick question if I may,

How do you guys view the camera settings to set it up the first time as I have no display method in the car? Thanks

Just seen that, re read the thread, have a small portable TV which I can plug it into to set it up via a scart adapter, will try that first.

All installed today,

Works well, just got to change the recording loop to 10mins.

Found the Micro SD card was a bit tricky to put in, felt it had to be pushed in along way before it clicked.

Found a low tech solution to setting it up!

post-4467-0-28573400-1433079912_thumb.jpg

So all good, might buy an additional SD card to keep in the glovebox.

• Like 1

Nice one fella :thumbup:

Like i mentioned earlier, don't panic if it starts only recording for a few seconds before pausing. Mine worked perfectly when first installed, then had a few hiccups.

I went through the whole "Is it the memory card?" etc.

I just switched off the G shock sensor, and reset back to factory settings and its been fine ever since.

Enjoy

Damo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

help - it adventualy arrived but i don't understand the wiring diagram . none of my wires are labeled and why do I need a supply from the battery and ignition.can someone help and tell me what colour wire goes where  so that it turns on when I start the engine

help - it adventualy arrived but i don't understand the wiring diagram . none of my wires are labeled and why do I need a supply from the battery and ignition.can someone help and tell me what colour wire goes where  so that it turns on when I start the engine

Haha I was like you when I got mine

Relax and read this thread again.

Post number 86 will show you how you want to get it to.

Im assuming you have got all the necessary extras, such as the piggy back fuse holders?

Black is the earth that goes to the little nut in the fuse box

White is the switched live, and red is the perm live

The other is the video in

If you start threading the wires towards the fuse box through the little gap under the steering wheel at the bottom makes it easier.

Then run your camera cable up the A frame and along the headlining.

Finally position your camera near the rear view mirror and use a screen to see its pointing in the right place before sticking it down

• Like 1