Fabia Mk2 vRS 1.4TSI Replacement Engines Replaced. How Many.?

There is a thread on Replacement engines in Mk2 Fabia vRS 2010-2014.

But who has a car that has required a engine Replaced, & then the replacement replaced.?

I know of a few from the other thread but it would be good to hear of any more.

george

• Like 1

I am, i am writing a book.!!!

& Facts and figures as can be gathered for Motoring Journalists & Editors that ignored Volkswagens behaviour over the past 5 years.

• Like 1

None have failed on me.

Still interested in hearing from anyone that has a replacement engine,

but this thread was to get an idea of Briskoda Members that know their cars had a replacement engine replaced.

Because in a 4 Year production run, one failed engine is unfortunate, that failing is amazing,

and i know of a car on its 3rd engine, all fitted under Warranty.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

Several Members have cars undergoing Oil Consumption tests presently,

& one of those was an Engine Replaced only 12 months ago.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

The local "service adviser" advised me that they are now doing oil spray jet replacements ("squirters") in situations where they used to replace the engine, i.e. in cases of excessive oil usage, which I presume is the leading cause of engine failures.

I am, i am writing a book.!!!

& Facts and figures as can be gathered for Motoring Journalists & Editors that ignored Volkswagens behaviour over the past 5 years.

Really? Is there any point?

• Like 2

The local "service adviser" advised me that they are now doing oil spray jet replacements ("squirters") in situations where they used to replace the engine, i.e. in cases of excessive oil usage, which I presume is the leading cause of engine failures.

Only time will tell, that was the aim of the Breather Fix.

Time and mileage will tell I guess.

Perhaps those with "Squirters" installed can start a new Topic, developing a history on their car after the New Fix Solution. (CAVE -CTHE)

Only time will tell, that was the aim of the Breather Fix.

Time and mileage will tell I guess.

Perhaps those with "Squirters" installed can start a new Topic, developing a history on their car after the New Fix Solution. (CAVE -CTHE)

I know it has been covered in others and always chatting to goneoffski, my car was using 1 litre for every 3-400 miles, had the oil jets replaced and I have since covered roughly 3600 miles and only moved slightly on the dip stick. Happy days

• Like 4

Do you believe in Santa Claus.?  

Of course i am not writing a book.   What would i call it, 'My part in the downfall of Volkswagen'?

Still don't understand why you have to know though. You keep on and on about it and I'm not really sure why. What's the end game? If there is one.

• Like 1

End game almost achieved.

Twincharger Owners now with some of the 1,800 CAVE engine Fabia out of Warranty are now getting cars repaired by Skoda.

& soon those with CTHE going out of Warranty will be able to get that same thing.

VW, Skoda, Audi & Seat Dealerships & Customer Services Employees and Management can no longer pretend it is just a small number 

in the UK of the 2,900 Mk2 vRS effected.

Even replacement engines have been failing.

Then there are the 1,500 VW, 1,600 Seat & 500 Audi Twincharger owners in the UK that can get legal advice where 

they have been mislead by the Customer Services and Dealerships that the Fundamental Design & Manufacturing Faults and 

engine failures were acceptable.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

In the end we do need to stop pretending there were no issues with Technology we had to discontinue.

'Hand up to your failures in Manufacturing'.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 3

VOSA Recalls in the UK are on Safety Critical issues & Failures.

Which the VW Engine issue clearly is not, and it is a World Wide issue with the 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132-136kw Euro 5 Emission Engines 2009-2015.

Not all are affected obviously.

Maybe Volkswagen could publicly say why there are failures yet they have not communicated to the customers why and which.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

I don't get that REVO document as that should apply to all tuners and on any vehicle anyway. I don't know of any serious tuner who would map any car with suspected issues. That's just extra arse covering for them.

• Like 3

I would have thought the REVO Document was clear in it puts together in one easy to read place the possible and common issues.

It has nothing to with Tuning that i post it, just so that those with no idea what the problems may be can see them easily.

There is also the Cupra Forum thread on the Fundamental Design & Manufacturing Faults with the Engines.

There is nothing from Volkswagen though.

Since your car had a Breather Pipe & Valve Update,

there has been a Updated update, further ECU software Updates and now Oil Spray Jets Upgrades / Modifications.

No Volkswagen Document publicly available on any of these though.

Lets hope then that the new owner if they ever have issues and it is out of warranty gets the latest fixes done free.

But if it was never an oil user then that might never be an issue.

Some of the First Built cars from 2010 are only having the problems appear now almost 5 years on,

and some that had the Replacement Short Engine are now having further failures.

Anyway this thread was asking those that had a Engine Replacement in the car already needing replaced again, or already done.

But nobody new seems to be sharing that yet.

Imagine a person stumbling into this forum, with not too much mechanical knowledge or experience on the 1.4 TSI. Maybe looking to buy one. 

After seeing topic after topic and page after page stuff on these motors failing, he/she will NEVER buy one :D

Does anyone know do any Skoda representatives maybe follow the forum?

• Like 1

Yes they do follow this forum.

I know because i speak to them, and Customer Services Managers even tell Members & Owners that the problem is over blown on Briskoda.

& luckily many prospective buyers of used Twinchargers are forewarned, 

which is the point really.

Do you see how many were given notice of issues, posted and asked, still bought their cars, and then start asking 

about Oil Use, Spark Plugs Failing, and other issues.

It is quite funny vxh26 liking post #20.

After all he came to this forum looking to buy a Twincharger, asked lots of questions, made lots of posts, eventually test drove a vRS 

and then slagged them.

Lots of posts on advice to others on the vRS, some positive and many negative.

Ironic really.

eg

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/297218-considering-buying-a-vrs

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

George are you saying that regardless of a vag twincharger engine being in or out of warranty that the vag group are now updating/repairing/replacing engines? And are you saying this extension of responsibility from vag is due to forum pressure?

I very much doubt that.

But owners are now going to Skoda, VW, Audi & Seat with more information on the failures and how common the 

failures are.

5 years on for the Seat, and near 5 for Skoda & VW Twincharger owners.

People can easily take legal actions against the Manufacturer if they want or need to as there are enough Engineers Reports 

showing the Fundamental Design & Manufacturing Faults and VW continuing to sell vehicles with engines that were not 

fit for purpose in many cases.

Also allowing the Franchised Dealership to lead owners to believe that all was within tolerances and acceptable.

VW , Skoda, Seat & Audi have allowed cars with faults or the symptoms showing the faults to go out of the Original Manufacturers 

Warranty.

<snip>

People can easily take legal actions against the Manufacturer if they want or need to as there are enough Engineers Reports showing the Fundamental Design & Manufacturing Faults

<snip>

Doesn't it seem a little strange that nobody appears to have taken this "easy" legal action so far, I wonder why? Perhaps it is less easy than you imagine?

<snip>

VW , Skoda, Seat & Audi have allowed cars with faults or the symptoms showing the faults to go out of the Original Manufacturers Warranty.

I am quite sure that as with all of your allegations, you have convincing evidence to justify your accusation ;)

Edited by vxh26