Fabia Mk2 vRS 1.4TSI Replacement Engines Replaced. How Many.?

'Nobody appears'.   is that on your internet searches?

Have they not started legal actions and then not had to continue.

I know of owners that have signed confidentiality agreements. on their settlements

& members here and others have had cars bought back.

• Like 1

I have just booked mine in for an oil consumption test on the 14th, my CTHE engine was replaced at 6770 miles and now this one is using oil again at 21524 (in real life it's only done 15k then)

Can anyone tell me the exact process again please, I assume it just goes in, drained, refilled to precise measure of oil then I run it for a certain amount of miles?

I only ask because when I spoke to the dealer that done it before they 'couldn't remember the process' and were unable to quote how much they would charge, thought I'd call them back tomorrow and let them know what I expect!!

Thanks in advance :-) 

<snip>

I know of owners that have signed confidentiality agreements. on their settlements & members here and others have had cars bought back.

Perhaps you do. It is easy but somewhat dishonest to criticise VAG or Skoda based on evidence that you are unable to provide. It is also hypocritical in view of your frequent complaints that VAG will not come clean about problems that you allege are commonplace with the vRS. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander MAN UP!

You may be right,you may be wrong. However, your approach does come across as obsessive and frankly incredible - in the literal sense.

I rally can't understand why you are so determined to damage the reputation of the vRS, Skoda and VAG with unsubstantiated allegations???

Quite able to provide the evidence,

and substantiate anything said.  Not allegations just factual statements.

Not only common place on the vRS but on the other 1.4 TSI Twinchargers 132-136kw engines 2009-2014

So are all the issues and failures just fiction, overblown, easily shorted out, just put in 1, 2, 3 new engines in cars less than 5 years old ?

Nothing to see move along now, trust Volkswagen they know what they are doing!

• Like 1

Perhaps you do. It is easy but somewhat dishonest to criticise VAG or Skoda based on evidence that you are unable to provide. It is also hypocritical in view of your frequent complaints that VAG will not come clean about problems that you allege are commonplace with the vRS. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander MAN UP!

You may be right,you may be wrong. However, your approach does come across as obsessive and frankly incredible - in the literal sense.

I rally can't understand why you are so determined to damage the reputation of the vRS, Skoda and VAG with unsubstantiated allegations???

Legality ties your hands and shuts your months - pay-offs.

• Like 2

MilgesS.

They need to get the set procedure from Skoda.

But how whoever can not remember is strange, the Draining of the Oil & Removing the Filter, replacing with new,

getting up to temperature, dropping & weighing the oil, having the vehicle cover the test miles, dropping the oil and weighing.

& doing the calculation.

The Oil weighing 857 grams per litre etc.

• Like 1

MilgesS.

They need to get the set procedure from Skoda.

But how whoever can not remember is strange, the Draining of the Oil & Removing the Filter, replacing with new,

getting up to temperature, dropping & weighing the oil, having the vehicle cover the test miles, dropping the oil and weighing.

& doing the calculation.

The Oil weighing 857 grams per litre etc.

My thoughts exactly George!

They were very poor the last time so I have warned Skoda CS to expect moaning from me!! I discovered today that the service carried out on July 31st 2014 isn't even on Skoda's system....This is the level of service I have to suffer!

I'll update when I have more news but 3 litres in 2000 miles is excessive and I have no doubt the test will come back in my favour, just wonder if it will be another new engine or rebuild.

• Like 1

Be sure to ask they for a copy of the Official Oil Consumption Test Procedure.

& then the Test Result on the Master Technicians Report.

Just for checking for their accuracy, comparison with the other we have collectively.

There are 2 other members that have tests being done this week, 

so the results will be interesting, and also how a Dealership can get it so wrong.

Maybe vxh26 can get to see some of these test results, because seemingly everything is all going well with 

these engines and problems should just be accepted and not spoken of.

Problem has been going on a while now, like for 5 years,

you might think Skoda UK Customer Services might know there is a bit of a problem,

and a ongoing issue even with the revised engines.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/215817-excessive-oil-consumption-vrs-180

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

Legality ties your hands and shuts your months - pay-offs.

Absolutely true, fair point. Sadly, the result is that nobody outside the affected parties gets to know the truth. Claiming to have access to these details isn't really convincing evidence though is it?

As a side issue, I seem to recall having read a comment from someone recently to the effect that they were on their FOURTH engine! That doesn't really suggest just an engine problem to me. Presumably the owner is not covered by a non-disclosure agreement, it would be interesting to read more of this case.

Is there anything you particularly need to know?

Why not ask the person that posted he is on the 4th Engine, maybe he will tell you about the issues.

post #27 in this thread.

Or ask Neil.

Page 9, post #260.    Those members obviously have not signed any agreement.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

They may tell you, but why should they tell you anything,

who are you and what is your actual interest in the subject.?   Do you have any personal knowledge of the issues?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/252759-fabia-vrs-oil-fix

30 pages & page 30 has some interesting posts from you,

an insight to your in depth knowledge on the subject.

post #880 will probably be another member that has not signed any confidentiality agreement.

Treated very badly though.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Is there anything you particularly need to know?

<snip>

"Need to know"? No, I will live either way. However, it would be nice if you were to justify your allegations from time to time rather than invariably relying on innuendo ;)

I<snip>

Why not ask the person that posted he is on the 4th Engine, maybe he will tell you about the issues.

post #27 in this thread.

Or ask Neil.

Page 9, post #260.    Those members obviously have not signed any agreement.

They may tell you, but why should they tell you anything,

<snip>

You have answered your own question. I wouldn't expect anyone who has had an engine replaced or hopes to have an engine replaced to post complete, honest details on a public forum any more than I would expect a motor manufacturer to be open about R&D and problems - I live in the real world, it appears that you do not.

<snip>

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/252759-fabia-vrs-oil-fix

30 pages & page 30 has some interesting posts from you,

<snip>

Yet another vague, incomplete comment referencing a large, old thread. Perhaps you could make a clear point?

As I believe I have made abundantly clear, what I am suggesting is you should stop your incessant random, unsubstantiated, confusing sniping at the vRS, Skoda and VAG. I will never criticise any clear, specific, substantiated, helpful post you make.

Seems to be a recent trend on here that someone makes a post relating to a vRS they get the Spanish Inquisition, where they are almost expected to tell all. I've said in the past that people should be very wary when it comes to posting on forums because there's always someone willing to dig it back up. If you don't mind it being online then that fine, just be prepared for any potential backlash. I'll be posting very little about my current cars as it's nobodies business apart from my own and with friends I'll choose share with. Some of which I've made here. 

Feel sorry for anyone wanting to sell a vRS soon. All it will take is any normal person to Google Fabia vRS and it will be full of threads about oil usage, fighting with dealers, a lot of it the same information just repeated and reworded etc, generally painting the cars in a bad light when it's not the full picture. I accept people have had issues but it makes it look like all of them are bad which really doesn't help owners of good ones. Wonder how long until a Mk2 vRS is cheaper than a Mk1 vRS. That day is coming.

• Like 2

Funnily they sell Ok, sadly some get landed with bad ones because people try to hide issues rather then be open on the issues and how to resolve them. nice to help buyers rather then secretive sellers IMHO. But then that is how some are, I am alright jack..

Edited by goneoffSKi

A new demonstrator MK2 Is the same price as a New mk1 was 8 years ago. Mk1 are amazing for holding their value. A Mk2 is as good as other VWG cars.

To vxh26: you are flogging a dead horse my son, you wont win this one.

I don't quite understand where you are coming from anyhow, you don't appear to own a VRS.

To goneoffski: As the poster above suggests, you just seem to be regurgitating the same old stuff without adding any detail.

I'm sure you know a lot about the VRS but all you are managing to do is damage its reputation.

Why dont you just stick to giving some useful and practical advice on how to avoid some of the problems that these cars may suffer from?

ps - I still love my VRS and touch wood I haven't had any oil, DSG or spark plug problems.

• Like 1

As to asking questions of someone having engine failures and information on age, mileage, history, warranty history, oil use, spark plugs. How can anyone know anything until you have that all clear. Least you need to know. but then some like to just pretend they have a no issues and get shot of the car.

SeaGoat, you asked lots, and then just seemed to not be interested in listening. As has happened lots with people that later start crying about not knowing about what was needed with a Twinchargers. You can lead a horse to water but not make it drink.

I have just booked mine in for an oil consumption test on the 14th, my CTHE engine was replaced at 6770 miles and now this one is using oil again at 21524 (in real life it's only done 15k then)

Can anyone tell me the exact process again please, I assume it just goes in, drained, refilled to precise measure of oil then I run it for a certain amount of miles?

I only ask because when I spoke to the dealer that done it before they 'couldn't remember the process' and were unable to quote how much they would charge, thought I'd call them back tomorrow and let them know what I expect!!

Thanks in advance :-) 

Drop engine oil, weigh and replace (hopefully topped up to correct level), drive 1000km, drop oil, weigh and compare.

Edited by OzFabia
  • Like 1

Feel sorry for anyone wanting to sell a vRS soon. All it will take is any normal person to Google Fabia vRS and it will be full of threads about oil usage, fighting with dealers, a lot of it the same information just repeated and reworded etc, generally painting the cars in a bad light when it's not the full picture. I accept people have had issues but it makes it look like all of them are bad which really doesn't help owners of good ones. Wonder how long until a Mk2 vRS is cheaper than a Mk1 vRS. That day is coming.

One of the reasons I jumped ship early! Plus I was getting very bored of enjoying it one minute and then worrying to death that the oil consumption was going to get worse the next.

Kinda' takes the sheen off which Is actually a fun little car!

• Like 2

One of the reasons I jumped ship early! Plus I was getting very bored of enjoying it one minute and then worrying to death that the oil consumption was going to get worse the next.

Kinda' takes the sheen off which Is actually a fun little car!

Agreed. Had mine for almost 4 years, was driven properly for all its 50k and when I practically give it away it had no issues. Due to recent events I've had to buy a 2nd car and am a bit gutted I sold it.

However I don't regret where I am now

• Like 1

Agreed. Had mine for almost 4 years, was driven properly for all its 50k and when I practically give it away it had no issues. Due to recent events I've had to buy a 2nd car and am a bit gutted I sold it.

However I don't regret where I am now

Me neither! Although my BM is powered by the fuel of Satan! :-( I'll be back in a Petrol one day!

Is there not enough oil threads on this forum where people keep asking the same questions for 4 years now. This was not about oil or spark plugs or super unleaded, the post was a question to owners that had a car with a replacement engine and had it needed that replaced. Not a difficult question and only those that had were really the ones being asked.

• Like 1

Took the car in the oil consumption test this morning, they told me on the phone when I booked in it's a "half hour job".....2 hours later I left there, good job I knew it would take longer!!

Anyway, I overheard the technician say "3.75 litres, no oil filter changed" when the secretary asked how much oil was used for the invoice. I'm pretty sure that's more than I've seen mentioned on here? For some reason I had 3.6 litres in my head but hey, they're the experts with the instructions from Skoda printed out in front of them

I asked why it took longer than half an hour, the technician said he had to warm the car up to temperature, drain the oil, urn the engine y hand and leave it to drain for 20 minutes, weigh the correct amount of oil and refill (I may have missed something but that's what I recall)

Roll on June 4th when I go back for the results which "should be quicker that today" apparently......