Cheetah C150

GeoffH

Has anyone tried out the new Cheetah C150 speed camera warning gizmo?

The spec looks good but so did the specs of the two units I have tried... one kept telling me there was a 50mph speed limit in an area that has been 30 since I started driving over 40 years ago and the other failed to warn about two cameras both Garmin & TomTom used to warn!
I downloaded TomTom speed camera warning on iphone but don't seem to get any audible warning, hence my interest in the Cheetah C150.

Personally I just use a Garmin sat nav and a subscription to pocketgpsworld.

That database is known to the most accurate around and most of the time it's updated weekly to ensure accuracy and at worst it's updated fortnightly (they do give you an advance warning when this will happen).

It's database has never let me down yet & more than paid for the £20 pa sub.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php

• Like 1

Mmmmm.... I have a Garmin with lifetime updates. When I got the Yeti with Amundsen II satnav I put it away in a cupboard. As you suggest I might update it and use it for camera warnings. I'll also check out pocketgpsworld as you suggest as you suggest it's probably the most accurate.

Which Tomtom app are you using?  I have the current navigation one (which you pay the subscription for) and it shows static speed cameras for with an audible warning, it also shows a progress bar up the right hand side which tells you how far it is to the next 'event' be it roadworks, traffic jam, petrol or a speed camera.  Another handy feature is it shows average speed camera zones and shows your average speed through the zone.  It doesn't show mobile speed camera locations although I'm not sure how useful that would be as certainly up here it would be pinging at pretty much every lay by.

John

I'm using the Tomtom speed camera app v 1.3 I paid for a year updates as well! I find that there is no real support for it. I regard it as a waste of money, I only went for it as I have satnav built in, otherwise I'd have carried on using the Garmin.