Oil !

laur

Think you'll be looking at a 5w30 to have  VW 504.00/507.00 approval.

I have been using Mobil  ESP Formula 5W-30 for a while now.

Edited by Urrell

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a yeti but i do the chenge oil on a Skoda Service, and they use only Castrol Edge

Usually they use Castrol Professional out here, seemingly because it's not available at the retail level and they can charge a fortune for it.

I don't have a yeti but i do the chenge oil on a Skoda Service, and they use only Castrol Edge

The 'real' or the 'clone'????

there are a lot of clone bottles of it around, stay away from that brand!

On my Skoda Octavia 2 FL i use the same oil, Castrol EDGE 5w-30, "ACEA C3, VW 504 00/ 507 00, BMW Longlife-04, MB-Approval 229.31/ 229.51, Porsche C30", in my country this is the most expensive engine oil. (4 liters = 43 euros).

What oil do you use?

Until now i used Mobil 1 new life 5w40, but now i want to buy Ravenol VST 5w40.

Hello Laur, where are you from Romania?

If you want to buy engine oil you must buy it from shops, who as this supplier (AutoTotal, AutoNet, UnixAuto, Intercars or Augsburg).

I have a friend who works at Porsche Bucharest, I asked him and he said they use only Castrol EDGE 5w30.

Edited by vipercarcom

I use the appropriate Quantum as that is what the dealers use and it's quite cheap.

Was on 5W30 VW507.00 when on variable servicing. Now switched to fixed, but not certain of what spec or grade to use as I've not checked yet.

Since you have a diesel with DPF, you have to continue using the 507 00 spec oil, whether it is on fixed or variable service. This is most commonly 5W-30 but there is at least one 0W-30 option out there.

• Like 1

Comma Pro-Life 5w-30 Fully Synthetic, high performance low saps oil, for modern VW-Audi P & Diesel, also protects exhaust after-treatment unit.

And its exactly the same as Quantum, just in a different bottle.

At £30 with free P/p for 5Ltr or make an offer....

eBay item number:
E Bay No. 271880853961

Recommended by Comma for applications requiring: VW 504 00, VW 507 00; MB 229.51; BMW LL-04; PORSCHE C30; the C3 

Edited by Carlo diesel

Comma Pro-Life 5w-30 Fully Synthetic...

And its exactly the same as Quantum, just in a different bottle.

No it's not. It might meet the same specs, but that doesn't make it the same stuff in the bottle.

I can. I personally know the people who have concocted many brews, especially for VW. In fact I have concocted many brews myself, although mine were for trucks and ships mostly.

I can. I personally know the people who have concocted many brews, especially for VW. In fact I have concocted many brews myself, although mine were for trucks and ships mostly.

But you're an 'insider'.....we mere mortals don't.

Edited by Ryeman

Just to Confirm, It is the same stuff.

erm, no, it isnt the same stuff! It's two different products. Check out the wording on the bottle also - meets vw specs or similar?
  • Like 1