VCDS Tweaks for Mk3 Fabia

So, I was thinking... I absolutely will be arranging a few tweaks when I get my car. The following are what I have in mind:

Dial staging

Coming/leaving home via fog lights

Door unlock on ignition off

Door lock after ignition on

Teardrop wipes

Auto rain sensing wipers (I have the SEO Auto dimming and tunnel function, so I'm assuming rain wipers can be switched on?)

Do you think it's possible to have mirror dip activated on switching to reverse gear? Or any other useful tweaks that come to mind?

I don't think mirror dip is a VCDS only tweak, as it requires specific hardware as well. In some other models it required electric seats to get the mirror dip, and as those are not available for the Fabia, I think you are out of luck with that one

Ah, it felt like a long shot anyway! I guess a mini-dome disc glued onto the passenger side mirror and will have to do! Thanks for the intel the_raz, and yep just noticed it as a Bolero setting on the manual so cheers for the heads-up looking_to_buy!

Auto locking isn't actually settable on the Bolero, despite what the manual says. My dealer activated mine.

As they should if you want.

You buy a new car & the Engineers / Designers gave it functions you paid for, the Vendor should ask you which you want to operate which 

way if it requires being done at a 'Dealership'.  

Done free as well, at PDI if they ask you before hand or at Hand Over if they forget, or just do not bother to ask.

Your property, and if it can not be made to function or be inhibited by the driver / owner.

Yep, just emailed the dealer and they'll activate it. Thanks for the heads up everyone!

Any other thoughts on interesting and useful VCDS tweaks for the Mk3 Fabia?

Just a heads up, but on the Octavia/Golf (MQB) there are several sub menus/activations which are coded info the infotainment (even the basic one) but are set to "not active" in VCDS, so just set to active along with certain other channels & hey presto, you have loads of drop down user changeable options on your infotainment!

Virtually all the modules are flashed with the full list of "options/functions" just the ones that the importer thinks are acceptable are actually revealed at the factory! If the hardware is there then activate it!

Common VCDS tweaks on MQB

needle sweep

honeycomb display background for MFD (colour)

window close from key fob

alarm chirp for lock/unlock selectable

selective unlock

rain close for windows

SOC display in MFD

Oil temp display for MFD

Refuel amount display in MFD

anti-hijack

front fogs as coming leaving home

front fogs as flash beam

DRL's dim when indicators on

tailgate lights off when tailgate open 

And loads more..............all VCDS tweaks if you have the hardware there, & the amount I have altered on my car is mind boggling......so don't despair just get VCDS, do a full auto-scan of the car & then a full Adaptions map of each module, so you then have a complete coding & adaptions list of the car as it was before you started tweaking!................. :happy:

• Like 4

That's really helpful fabdavrav! Do you know which tweaks are specifically available on the Fabia?

There's a bit more to it... You need a specific VAG Com cable which is near enough £300 here in the UK. So maybe ask around for someone with a cable or go to a local VW Group private garage and some of the technicians there may be able to do it for you.

There's a bit more to it... You need a specific VAG Com cable which is near enough £300 here in the UK. So maybe ask around for someone with a cable or go to a local VW Group private garage and some of the technicians there may be able to do it for you.

What about this cable: < Link to fake cable removed>

It says it supports to 2013 models, so for later ones you need different cable?

Edited by mannyo
Remove link to counterfeit fake cable

Ta

That cable is a fake cable using hacked software, the official VCDS is around £300, anything around £70-100 claiming to be Canbus compatible is a fake, of which discussion on Briskoda along with links to these cables are not allowed.

Rosstech have invested a lot of money developing the software and buying cars to test it, along with helping some on Briskoda and other forums.

That will work with versions up to about 12.12........................you will not be able to download & work the latest versions 14.10 plus which you need to use on the new cars because the coding is more advanced!!!!

As for this items being a definitive list, no it isn't as I haven't done a full ad map of a new Fabia, so it is just speculation on my part. It is easy to do this with VCDS & then start altering a small amount at a time ( make back up copies & list all mods) & there is a debug function in VCDS............

Ta

That cable is a fake cable using hacked software, the official VCDS is around £300, anything around £70-100 claiming to be Canbus compatible is a fake, of which discussion on Briskoda along with links to these cables are not allowed.

Rosstech have invested a lot of money developing the software and buying cars to test it, along with helping some on Briskoda and other forums.

Thanks for the information, have now lot more knowledge of this cable. 

When buying new cable and software, will it work on new fabia and last year VW Golf Sportsvan?

When buying new cable and software, will it work on new fabia and last year VW Golf Sportsvan?

ALL VAG going back 15yrs................AT least!!!!

Skoda, VW, Audi, Seat, Commercial VW, some forklifts, some Bentley

EDIT found this on Ross-Tech website:-

1.1  Will VCDS work with my car?

VCDS and VCDS-Mobile will work with most
and
models sold
World-Wide
1994 through the current model year. It will work with some cars all the way back to model year 1990. It will also work with most late-model
, and
models sold in markets other than North America. If your VW or Audi has a
,  VCDS will definitely work.  If your car has the old
, check if there is a wire going to each pin, as shown in the picture. If there are four wires, VCDS should work with any diagnostics-capable modules that are present.  If there are only three wires, then nothing in the car is diagnostics-capable..  Please see these
where you can select your model and see which modules can communicate with VCDS.  Also see the
for a few things that may not work as expected.   If in doubt,
us.

Edited by fabdavrav

DRL's dim when indicators on

My DRL,s flash alternatly with in Indicater's, looks really cool

yep, "Blinken hellphase" I think is the term................decided to just have mine dim to 26% instead of D.........I..........S.......C..........O................ :dance:

yep, "Blinken hellphase" I think is the term................decided to just have mine dim to 26% instead of D.........I..........S.......C..........O................ :dance:

I've also had the brightness of the DRL's in side light mode increased to 60%. Looks a lot better but not to bright as to hit you in the face

I've also had the brightness of the DRL's in side light mode increased to 60%. Looks a lot better but not to bright as to hit you in the face

Yup did that too, but to 50%...........also did the parking light (stationary) to 26%, then the drls & front fogs as flash beam when xenons off, tailgate lights which off when you open it so you don't blind yourself with the number plate lights............everything on the list plus more...............

• 2 months later...

Can someone tell me where the OBD2 port is on the new Fabia? Not had a look yet, the wife has just received her car and the dealer told me the auto lock could be activated via the head unit even though I explained that I thought it had to be plugged in.

Also, is it possible to make any adjustments via an android phone app? If so, what is possible and what is not? What is the best app? Is it worth getting a paid version?

Has anyone plugged in and connected an app to the new Fabia?