VCDS Tweaks for Mk3 Fabia

The OBD2 port is (at least on LHD cars) below the dasbboard towards the door, below the light switch. It is not behind any panel, but should be visible from the footwell when looking up.

I don't think the apps can do any changes to the car other than read and clear Common ODB2 error messages. All the tweaking is really thanks to Ross-Tech and their VCDS software.

I gave used Torque on Android to read and clear error messages (swapped reverse light to LEDs, running on too high ethanol mix which the control system does not like) using a cheap BT OBD2 dongle plugged in.

The OBD2 port is (at least on LHD cars) below the dasbboard towards the door, below the light switch. It is not behind any panel, but should be visible from the footwell when looking up.

I don't think the apps can do any changes to the car other than read and clear Common ODB2 error messages. All the tweaking is really thanks to Ross-Tech and their VCDS software.

I gave used Torque on Android to read and clear error messages (swapped reverse light to LEDs, running on too high ethanol mix which the control system does not like) using a cheap BT OBD2 dongle plugged in.

Thanks for the info. I will plug it in and have a look. I wasn't very hopeful that it would work anyway.

The dealer will be activating the auto lock function. I'm wondering if I should get them to do anything else whilst it's there. Like the needle sweep or changing the indicators to five flashes. Would be good/handy if they sat down with you and gave you a list off all the mods that were available for you to change before the PDI was carried out.

They are not really interested in doing that. Quite a few of the options you have to pay extra for are actually available via VCDS, and even some functions that you cannot get in a specific version, can be sometimes be activated. And the list of possible tweaks is almost endless.

They are not really interested in doing that. Quite a few of the options you have to pay extra for are actually available via VCDS, and even some functions that you cannot get in a specific version, can be sometimes be activated. And the list of possible tweaks is almost endless.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'll maybe chance my arm and see what I can get them to change when it's in. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

DRL's dim when indicators on

My DRL,s flash alternatly with in Indicater's, looks really cool

Do you have any information on if it is possible to do this for the Fabia as well? I tried using the instructions for the Octavia, but the leuchte stuff is named differently and I could not find the correct channel.

Do you have any information on if it is possible to do this for the Fabia as well? I tried using the instructions for the Octavia, but the leuchte stuff is named differently and I could not find the correct channel.

I'm having some weaks done at the weekend, I'll get back to you.

Do you want the DRL's to Flash or Dim when Indicating ?

Flash when indicating sounds cool :) The DRLs already dim whenever the indicator is activated.

And while we are at it - how about the tail (and break?) lights? Can the same be done there?  :notme:

That actually sounds more important to me; in the darkness with brake lights on, I imagine it will be hard to see the indicator signals 

In this site (http://www.mtl.si/sl/avto-storitve/vkljucitev-dodatnih-funkcionalnosti/%C5%A1koda-fabia-3.html) it says it's possible to enable Hill Hold function. Does anyone know if it's true? This is a pay extra in Fabia and I haven't purchased it when I ordered my car but it's a very usefull addon!

I'm not Slovenian so I had to use Chrome translation to read that page :p

Just a heads up, but on the Octavia/Golf (MQB) there are several sub menus/activations which are coded info the infotainment (even the basic one) but are set to "not active" in VCDS, so just set to active along with certain other channels & hey presto, you have loads of drop down user changeable options on your infotainment!

Virtually all the modules are flashed with the full list of "options/functions" just the ones that the importer thinks are acceptable are actually revealed at the factory! If the hardware is there then activate it!

Common VCDS tweaks on MQB

needle sweep

honeycomb display background for MFD (colour)

window close from key fob

alarm chirp for lock/unlock selectable

selective unlock

rain close for windows

SOC display in MFD

Oil temp display for MFD

Refuel amount display in MFD

anti-hijack

front fogs as coming leaving home

front fogs as flash beam

DRL's dim when indicators on

tailgate lights off when tailgate open 

And loads more..............all VCDS tweaks if you have the hardware there, & the amount I have altered on my car is mind boggling......so don't despair just get VCDS, do a full auto-scan of the car & then a full Adaptions map of each module, so you then have a complete coding & adaptions list of the car as it was before you started tweaking!................. :happy:

What's the anti-hijack feature? Did you check if those options are available in Fabia mk3? Can you suggest other tweaks? :)

What's the anti-hijack feature? Did you check if those options are available in Fabia mk3? Can you suggest other tweaks? :)

Locking of the doors automatically when the car goes above 5mph.................

& no I have not had a play with a mk3 Fabia

Hi has anyone had the needle sweep activated by the dealer? I've asked mine but he said it can't be done on the pdi system they have. Cheers

I don't know if this will help, but I activated this on few cars owned by people that work at Skoda dealers, so I would presume that this cannot be done :D .

But I will be happy to read some first hand experience regarding this.

Edited by mtl

Cheers mtl for the quick response. That's fair enough. Worth an ask.

Don't this discourage you. It is free to ask your dealer :). Though, just a suggestion: do not talk to sales person about this but to technician.

Don't worry it hasn't. I'm sending a list to him today to see if they can sort them out for next Friday when I pick the car up:) would you recommend any?? I've already have the doors locking at 10mph.

Hm, my pick would be:

hill hold activation

cornering lights activation

cornering lights on with reverse gear active

rear parking lights as DRL in the shape of :)

dial staging

volume to be replenished

disable BT connection tone confirmation

stop watch could also be usefull sometimes :)

I will be glad if you could give some feedback about what your dealer will be able to activate.

Edited by mtl

Hm, my pick would be:

hill hold activation

cornering lights activation

cornering lights on with reverse gear active

rear parking lights as DRL in the shape of :)

dial staging

volume to be replenished

disable BT connection tone confirmation

stop watch could also be usefull sometimes :)

I will be glad if you could give some feedback about what your dealer will be able to activate.

Hi MTL

Your input is always very highly valued! Can you please let us know what the coding is to achieve the hidden volume to replenish menus and the Smiley Face DRLs on the tail lights? As well as how to activate coming/leaving home lights on the Foglights instead of the dip beams?

Thanks I've copied down the instructions for the coming/leaving home lights... And the rear DRLs.

But one thing I didn't find and am now keen to do is have the fog lights also come on with using the high beam as a passing signal/flash. Do you know how to code this?

If I were to have someone (not Skoda) activate these, and my car being on PCP, would it invalidate anything (ie the warranty?). Also, if I didn't purchase hill start, the dealer isn't likely to go and turn it on for free are they?