VCDS Tweaks for Mk3 Fabia

If I were to have someone (not Skoda) activate these, and my car being on PCP, would it invalidate anything (ie the warranty?).

My opinion is that it would not invalidate warranty, since FW is not changed, only options are enabled.

Also, if I didn't purchase hill start, the dealer isn't likely to go and turn it on for free are they? 

I haven't heard for such case until now, so I would say it is pretty sure that they won't.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guyz do you know if its possible to activate smartlink option one the Fabia III ( NJ3 ) ? i have ordered the bolero infotainement system but i tought the smartlink option was activated ... its not . its €170 more to have the option .

the aftersales departement dont want to install it on my car :(

Edited by al3x360

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I've copied down the instructions for the coming/leaving home lights... And the rear DRLs.

But one thing I didn't find and am now keen to do is have the fog lights also come on with using the high beam as a passing signal/flash. Do you know how to code this?

What program and cable do you need to activate this items like dial sweep and fog light coming home please

Does anyone know if the sensitivity of the Auto lights can be Altered . The Auto lights on the wife's MKIII ( Fabia ) SE-L   come on very late, I've actually  turn them on manualy as It was getting a bit dark and the lights didn't come on.

On my MKIII Octavia Vrs I have the option via Maxi Dot  so the auto lights come on Early. Medium or late.

I've just been out side and had a look, cos it's dark,

Engine running all doors closed 

When the light switch is in Auto, only Auto is lit, ( Yellow )  When the light switch is off nothing is lit apart fron a Lit line on the switch to tell you which position it's in.  I thought that the Green bulb symbol under Auto should also be lit ( bright ) when the lights are on and the dipped headlight symbol should also be lit but dimmed,  should the switch be lit ?

Also the  Eletric window switches in the doors ( fronts only eletric ) are not lit either, shoiuld they be lit ?

On my Octavia Vrs ( MKIII ) everything is lit

• Like 1

Probably cost cutting ;), but I am not 100% sure. Let some other owner confirm.

But for your first question. Do you have rain-light sensor? Because on this depends if you could adjust light sensor so that it would switch on earlier. Do you have automatic wipers?

Is there a VCDS method I could use to lower the mirror when reversing? Like the golf does.

I haven't tried this yet, but I think that it will not work, since Fabia does not have door control modules.

In my new Monte with armundsun nav I can definitely change the locking sequences, lights including running lights and indicator dimming and a few other bits. As per manual.

Any chance of a few pics of your new Monte?  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I had a very quick play with my VCDS Micro-Can cable today, and I wanted to enable the "Needle sweep". I got a  uninitialized control module error message, with "Yes, No or Cancel" options. Can anyone give me a bit of advice on this message, and what I should choose? TIA

hey guyz do you know if its possible to activate smartlink option one the Fabia III ( NJ3 ) ? i have ordered the bolero infotainement system but i tought the smartlink option was activated ... its not . its €170 more to have the option .

the aftersales departement dont want to install it on my car :(

Smartgate is a hardware module which sits underneath the drivers seat.. if you didn't order it at the start it wouldn't have got fitted at the factory.. but take note, Smartgate can be hacked remotely - it's not that secure, so I'd probably advise not to buy it until it is improved.. I have disabled mine for security reasons.