VCDS Tweaks for Mk3 Fabia

few mods on there i dont think could be done 

1) folding mirrors 

2) mirror dip  

need to get another cable but not sure if i need hex can or net seems that net is the way forward 

These need special hardware - you cannot enable these two only by software tweaks

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, I wanted to make some tweaks and I was wondering if the Skoda/VW/Audi/Porsche dealership where I bought the car could do them, maybe free of charge. In the case they refuse, is OBDEleven (39€ or 59€) a valid competitor to VCDS (349$)? What I would like is adding needle sweep, hill hold assist, cornering fog lights.. I have a 75 HP Gasoline Twin Color Design Edition Fabia III, manufactured on 18/04/2016, with Bolero infotainment. What are all the software disabled optionals other than the ones above? For example I know I can't enable street signals recognition since the version I got misses the hardware. Sorry for any typos, I wrote this from mobile.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do we have two threads for VCDS tweaks? :D 

Has anyone successfully activated the hill hold? When I try I get the error re. values were out of range\not accepted by the controller

@Dilz 

Is it worth starting to list and index the working tweaks on the first post? If it's possible I don't mind taking over the thread and building an index etc.

Suggesting it as I'm finding it a nightmare trying to locate all the tweaks that may or may not work, proper steps for adaptation\coding etc, it'd be good to curate them properly as we go along

Yeah I agree it would be cool to have it all nice and organized. I could help making a PDF if you provide me the images.

Awesome, thanks!

Ideally I'd like it laid out like they have on the Octavia thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

I don't want to create ANOTHER VCDS thread as we already have two. I'll wait to see what the response is from DIlz, or if I can get in touch with a moderator?

Looks perfect! ANyway DBakes, regarding the hill hold assist, do you think it is possible to enable it on a 2016 Colour Edition Fabia or she's missing the hardware? Before committing to VCDS I wanted to know if I could at least hacktivate it :)

It's the one thing I'm having trouble with at the moment. It doesn't accept the modification via Adaptations, and long coding also doesn't play ball.

Once I've finished work I'll be going outside to have a further play to see what I can do, if it still fails I'll raise a question on the VCDS forums

• 2 months later...

Hi

Can anybody help me with how many wires there has to be in the light switch for auto light to work? My connector has 8 wires, does it have to have 9?

Best regard

Torben

Ps I have pictures but I can't attach them from my phone

• 2 weeks later...

I came across a nice list of tweaks on a German forum, it's a bit hassle to use with all the copy-pasting to google translate but seems to include some stuff not mentioned here: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=3AE6945C79E4C9E!6636&ithint=onenote%2c&app=OneNote&authkey=!ADQH2YqqqP0zcUU

For example page titled "Standlicht der Rückleuchten zusammen mit Tagfahrlicht" seems like it will turn on the tail lights in the shape of :) as DRL:s, haven't tested it yet though as it's too dark in Finland for the car to use DRL:s pretty much ever..

BTW, is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor to get DRL:s when it's darker? The car has a setting for automatic lights in infotainment and it's already set to late but I'd like to get DRL:s in even less light.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, yankarinRG said:

I hope this will be useful for somebody:

I'v got a MY2016 Fabia, manufactured on the 18th of April (2016) and I successfully activated Hill Hold Control.

My ABS software version: 6C0907379K.

How to:

- ECU03 (Brakes)

- Coding

- Byte 22

- Bit 0: 0 -> 1

Thanks for that

Will be doing this shortly :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 18.1.2017 at 15:53, juho said:

I came across a nice list of tweaks on a German forum, it's a bit hassle to use with all the copy-pasting to google translate but seems to include some stuff not mentioned here: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=3AE6945C79E4C9E!6636&ithint=onenote%2c&app=OneNote&authkey=!ADQH2YqqqP0zcUU

For example page titled "Standlicht der Rückleuchten zusammen mit Tagfahrlicht" seems like it will turn on the tail lights in the shape of :) as DRL:s, haven't tested it yet though as it's too dark in Finland for the car to use DRL:s pretty much ever..

BTW, is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor to get DRL:s when it's darker? The car has a setting for automatic lights in infotainment and it's already set to late but I'd like to get DRL:s in even less light.

Hello juho,

I'm glad to hear, that you like that list.

You're right, this will activate your backlights on DRL 

Going to share another working tweak, the car is always the same as here (who changes a car every 4 hours? :D)

STATIC CORNERING LIGHTS THROUGH FOG LIGHTS:

-ECU09 (Central electronics)

- Adaptations
    //------------------L------------------
    -Leuchte12NL LB40
    -Lichtfunktion B 12 (or Light-function B 12)
    -set Abbiegelicht links
    //------------------R------------------
    -Leuchte13NL RB3
    -Lichtfunktion B 13 (or Light-function B 13)
    -set Abbiegelicht rechts

Only works if you have low beams on. :thumbup:

The tweaks on the document from skodacommunity works perfectly, they're just hard to translate!

Edited by yankarinRG

Sorry, that this document is not in English, but I'm German and so I wrote the document in German ;-). 

All tweaks in this document are tested before they come in. For me it is important, that the quality is high.

I apologise for my bad English. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, djduese said:

Sorry, that this document is not in English, but I'm German and so I wrote the document in German ;-). 

All tweaks in this document are tested before they come in. For me it is important, that the quality is high.

I apologise for my bad English. 

No need  apologise for your English 

Appreciate the upload nothing Google can't translate 

On 11.2.2017 at 17:19, djduese said:

Hello juho,

I'm glad to hear, that you like that list.

You're right, this will activate your backlights on DRL 

hi Daniel, do you have this file in other file type like word pdf or somthing else beacause it isnt translate me this file in the online onenote. thank you and really awsome file you made!

59 minutes ago, Jorgix said:

hi Daniel, do you have this file in other file type like word pdf or somthing else beacause it isnt translate me this file in the online onenote. thank you and really awsome file you made!

I have this file also as pdf, but there is the security policy, that copying of text is not possible. So that is also not a good alternate for you.

I had to make this policy, because some people in Germany tried to copy this wanted to sell the file.

That's also the reason for the copyright and watermark 

• Like 2

Hi.

I am going to put a list of all working VCDS tweaks for the MKIII Fabia, as going through pages and pages is a pain in the backside.

If you could PM me any you have I will create a locked thread to avoid it being cluttered.

please make sure they are like this if possible

Hill Hold

How to:

- ECU03 (Brakes)

- Coding

- Byte 22

- Bit 0: 0 -> 1

• Like 1