Hi there,

Does anyone know how to adjust the headlights beam from left to right or vice versa on the projector lights ?

I have searched all the web and this forum and still didn't managed to find the answer.

Thank you!

Just seen this, so copied my response from the other thread you posted it in...

Not sure you can apart from changing right hand dip to left hand dip for changing abroad.

Why would you want to do that

Hi,

Sure you can, every car has this adjustment.

My right headlight is way off to the right, I think it's an aftermarket one since it has different clippers for the head bulb.

I bought my car second hand and the previous owner must had a crash and changed it.

I can see the projector moved in the headlight.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow  ;)  

• Like 1

Hi,

Sure you can, every car has this adjustment.

My right headlight is way off to the right, I think it's an aftermarket one since it has different clippers for the head bulb.

I bought my car second hand and the previous owner must had a crash and changed it.

I can see the projector moved in the headlight.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow ;)

Alreet mate. Look forward to seeing it (:

Im really quite sure you cant, and so is jack (mechanic).

I've had a good look round my headlights in the past, they go up/down but not left/right. Sometimes theres a lever to temp adjust them for abroad, but nothing other than that.

None of my motorbikes can either, so im not sure its normal for vehicles to have em.

Maybe need a new headlamp? Get a pic up anyway (;

Can you take lamp off and split it to get in back in place

This is what I was afraid of  :sweat:

I have to put the headlights in the oven so I could split them... at least that's how I saw on youtube to split the headlight  :no:

Do you guys know a better way ?

Unless I can find the adjustment for left or right, if there is one.

And I also have to take the bumper off in order to take the headlight out no?  :peek:

Thank you

If you look at the top of the headlight here are two adusters in the black housing just behind the glass line. One at the left and the other at the right. They are sunk down, particularly the one near the wing which is below an access hole. They are white flush mounted nylon adjusters with an 5 or 6mm allen socket in them but also can be used with a medium/large pozidrive screwdriver. Looking from the front towards the back, the right hand headlamp, adjusting the one nearer the radiator moves the beam right/left and the one near the wing moves it up/down. I dont know if the other headlamp is mirror image in adjustment or not, just try it and find out.

Car should be on level ground and use a vertical surface (e.g. garage door)  2 or 3 metres away to look at the beam projection pattern/direction. Make sure the adjustment dial in the car is set to zero (level) before adjusting, (the engine needs to be on to ensure the lights level out).

It takes several turns to adjust the beam significantly. After adjustment, exercise the levelling motors from level to maximum dip and back several times and recheck the beam postion.

The position of the lens relative to the silver plastic trim is irrelevant and has no bearing on beam direction. They vary a lot between different units that I've seen, some have the lens almost flush, some set back and some a lot off centre - thats Skoda quality control for you.

If it's way out, before you adjust your headlights, check you dont have a bad bulb and check the bulb is correctly fitted and seated.

For the curious, there is also a manual lever inside the headlamp, if you remove the rubber boot and look inside there is a lever on the side of the projector housing, in the UK this is set to vertical I think. I think its used to set the dip pattern for UK or European setting - not to be confused with tourist setting, where the dipped beam is set flat. That can be set/reset by following the operation in the drivers manual.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you look at the top of the headlight here are two adusters in the black housing just behind the glass line. One at the left and the other at the right. They are sunk down, particularly the one near the wing which is below an access hole. They are white flush mounted nylon adjusters with an 5 or 6mm allen socket in them but also can be used with a medium/large pozidrive screwdriver. Looking from the front towards the back, the right hand headlamp, adjusting the one nearer the radiator moves the beam right/left and the one near the wing moves it up/down. I dont know if the other headlamp is mirror image in adjustment or not, just try it and find out.

Car should be on level ground and use a vertical surface (e.g. garage door)  2 or 3 metres away to look at the beam projection pattern/direction. Make sure the adjustment dial in the car is set to zero (level) before adjusting, (the engine needs to be on to ensure the lights level out).

It takes several turns to adjust the beam significantly. After adjustment, exercise the levelling motors from level to maximum dip and back several times and recheck the beam postion.

The position of the lens relative to the silver plastic trim is irrelevant and has no bearing on beam direction. They vary a lot between different units that I've seen, some have the lens almost flush, some set back and some a lot off centre - thats Skoda quality control for you.

If it's way out, before you adjust your headlights, check you dont have a bad bulb and check the bulb is correctly fitted and seated.

For the curious, there is also a manual lever inside the headlamp, if you remove the rubber boot and look inside there is a lever on the side of the projector housing, in the UK this is set to vertical I think. I think its used to set the dip pattern for UK or European setting - not to be confused with tourist setting, where the dipped beam is set flat. That can be set/reset by following the operation in the drivers manual.

Xman, thank you so much! you are right!

Respect!

Did it work Vlad? I feel my nearside beam is a bit off. When I'm behind other vehicles my offside seems to be brighter when straight behind someone and when at a angle, going round a bend it brightens in the reflection.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Did it work Vlad? I feel my nearside beam is a bit off. When I'm behind other vehicles my offside seems to be brighter when straight behind someone and when at a angle, going round a bend it brightens in the reflection.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi Jonro, yes it worked perfecly, I managed to move the projector (magnefier) closer to the bulb so now it even disperses the light better instead of beeing concentrated in one spot and with the help of the blades that cuts the high beam to the lower beam there is no problem blinding the drivers in front of the car, now with the high beam I see like a truck  :devil:  and the low beam does not distract any drivers. 

Thanks again for the info Xman!  :rock:  :clap: