2015 Fabia Monte

Evening,

Does anyone know when the Monte is going to be released, what are the specs/options/colours etc.

Skoda configurator is down at the minute.

Thanks

Tim

Dealer told me September for the Monte Carlo or ready for September registrations, they also said there's a possibility of a special edition/offer coming out at the same time but this hadn't been confirmed at the time.

• Like 1

I've heard June in the showrooms ready for Autumn deliveries! Not sure how much I trust it, read it on skoda's website I'm sure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone heard any more on this? It's June... most articles at the time of Skoda's reveal of the Monte Carlo quoted June as the launch month. No info appears to have been updated on March. What do we think? As a DS3 owner (other car), the Monte would be the only Fabia I'd consider at this point. I still feel the Fabia needs a more powerful diesel engine; this is where the VAG group are struggling at the moment with their small cars. There appears to be nothing above 90bhp. As a motorway driver I'd be looking for more.

Anyone heard any more on this? It's June... most articles at the time of Skoda's reveal of the Monte Carlo quoted June as the launch month. No info appears to have been updated on March. What do we think? As a DS3 owner (other car), the Monte would be the only Fabia I'd consider at this point. I still feel the Fabia needs a more powerful diesel engine; this is where the VAG group are struggling at the moment with their small cars. There appears to be nothing above 90bhp. As a motorway driver I'd be looking for more.

Theres a 1,4 105 hp tdi available. Only with a 5 speed manual gearbox, no 6 no automatic. But anyway still 15 hp more.

• 4 weeks later...

I tweeted Skoda to ask. Other than saying it would be available to order from July, they just told me to visit my dealer.

It has appeared on the European configurator, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is a real shame that it is just the use of the name Monte Carlo and a styling exercise adding black plastic enhancements

(body kit trinkets) and decals/badges and with questionable interior fabric,

but nothing special or different in the way of engines or suspension.

Looks without any added performance. just Skoda doing 'Sporty'.

If they were to offer a 1.4 TSI ACT 150 ps Engine with manual or DSG the might be onto a winner,

but then that is maybe the issue, the Skoda Rapid, VW Polo & Seat Ibiza Face Lift models would be losing sales as people 

opted for the New Fabia Monte Carlo warm hatch or estate.

Maybe even potential buyers of Octavia or Octavia Estates would opt for a smaller and more economic Fabia Hatch / Estate instead.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I asked my local dealer when the Monte Carlo would be out and he couldn't give a firm date but did confirm it was appearing on the ordering system but without options so they can't offer it yet.

You're right, the interior sucks. The standard sports seats look far better with their black satin quilted look. Those looks like deck chairs from the 1960s! Just spec an SEL up to Monte levels and you'll have a much nicer car. 'Tis the same engine anyway!

The Media Releases said that the Monte Carlo models would be available with all the available engines.

Is there not to be 60ps ones available?

The Media Releases said that the Monte Carlo models would be available with all the available engines.

Is there not to be 60ps ones available?

Not in the estate but the hatch will probably still be available with it.

I messaged my local dealer today, got a response saying:

"No announcement from Skoda yet but with the Fabia's colour concept options we can build a Monte Carlo from an SE model".

Unless they can add the Monte's seats, lowered suspension and other details, I don't think so.

Seems Skoda UK aren't being very communicative on this, which is surprising given how popular the previous Monte was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name="Octy09" post="4308123" timestamp="1436292

Unless they can add the Monte's seats, lowered suspension and other details, I don't think so.

They're all available options - except for the red inserts - so why not?

You're right, the interior sucks. The standard sports seats look far better with their black satin quilted look. Those looks like deck chairs from the 1960s! Just spec an SEL up to Monte levels and you'll have a much nicer car. 'Tis the same engine anyway!

Excuse my ignorance but why do Skoda sell a Monte if it's basically just an SEL?

Been thinking of changing my car and the Monte is high on my list.

Anyone know if you will be able to spec full leather seats?

Wish Skoda would stop messing around and stick the 1.8 Polo GTi engine in the Fabia and give us a Vrs hatch and estate.

Agreed, I'd be very interested in this.

Edited by YOF626

Re post #18,

and how popular the previous Monte Carlo was.

Well not really popular in the UK, other than those that bought them maybe.

There were only just under 3,000 MK2 vRS sold in the UK in 5 years, so that was poor.

But then the Monte Carlo only sold about double that in 4 years plus.

& to get them selling Skoda CZ had to do the Techs, then Tech Estates because the 'Monte Carlo' Fabia were damn expensive.

Now 6,000 Sales might sound OK in 4 plus years.

But to think just in 2013 Skoda first registered 32,000 Mk2 Fabia in the UK, it shows that the Monte Carlo was actually 

a bit of a sales disaster, but did get Magazine Space, and the CEO of Skoda able to spin how popular they were.

It is just the Sales or Registrations show the difference between Media Spin and actuality.

The Monte Carlo they produced must have been selling well in other World Regions 

or Skoda have a load of them stored someplace.

http://topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/skoda-will-kill-fabia-vrs

Edited by goneoffSKi

Re post #18,

and how popular the previous Monte Carlo was.

Well not really popular in the UK, other than those that bought them maybe.

There were only just under 3,000 MK2 vRS sold in the UK in 5 years, so that was poor.

But then the Monte Carlo only sold about double that in 4 years plus.

& to get them selling Skoda CZ had to do the Techs, then Tech Estates because the 'Monte Carlo' Fabia were damn expensive.

Now 6,000 Sales might sound OK in 4 plus years.

But to think just in 2013 Skoda first registered 32,000 Mk2 Fabia in the UK, it shows that the Monte Carlo was actually 

a bit of a sales disaster, but did get Magazine Space, and the CEO of Skoda able to spin how popular they were.

It is just the Sales or Registrations show the difference between Media Spin and actuality.

The Monte Carlo they produced must have been selling well in other World Regions 

or Skoda have a load of them stored someplace.

http://topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/skoda-will-kill-fabia-vrs

Skoda only sold that many as it looked horrendous and had problems with the engine.

If they made a VRS version and was priced right to beat the Fiesta ST then it would sell quite well

the monte is not worth anyone's money.. you still won't have fully working mirrorlink and Smartgate at any rate.. vRS mk3 is a dream - it's not going to happen based on what has been said previously. monte and greenline is all there is for now.

Very true on the MK2 Fabia vRS.

It looked just like all the other Mk2 Fabias, other than the Monte Carlo 

that had Black Plastic Trim added around the Wheel Arches, a front lip and not much else.

Sporty Looks & no more go, and a rather expensive car, unless bought as a 'Tech'.

But then to some the VW Polo GTI 1.4 TSI looked better and sold half as many as the Fabia vRS,

& the Seat Ibiza Cupra less but sold as the first cars from 2009, then facelifted 2013,

and the A1 185 ps Twincharger less than 500, or Audi Registered less than 500 in the UK.

& they had the identical engines.

Yet the 2015 Polo GTI and 2016 Seat Ibiza Cupra get the 1.8 TSI 192 ps Engines.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1