Skoda Superb 2.5 v6 Tdi Wont Start

Hi Guys,

I have been looking everywhere about this but am not finding anything similar.

just a bit of info 

My car has 200k and is Automatic, there was a small diesel knock under move off load (presumably injectors) great service history, its last service was approx 1500 miles ago (by Me)

I have a spare superb 53 plate in the yard and this is the donor vehicle.

On Sunday I drove approx 130 miles 1 hour and half ish, all was ok we stopped for breakfast (20mins ish), came out started it up and there was a little shudder which was barely noticeable, I pulled out and felt a hesitation I headed down the slipway onto the expressway there was a noticeable lack of power i pulled over and stopped the engine - the engine would not restart it was throwing over quick just no fire!, the AA attended and at first he suggested the Fuel tank pump, he then opened the bleed valve on the fuel filter and cranked the engine fuel was spurting out (under crank) - he then put it on diagnostics which returned no fault code. He then put easy start in the intake and she fired - rough as a dog and cut out he did it a again using throttle and was able to keep the engine running on throttle which was lumpy  released throttle which then evened out then went lumpy again and cut out. The AA guy Diagnosed faulty injector.

The car was then recovered home where i changed all injectors from the donor vehicle (97 ohms on no 3)- No change, we then changed the HP Pump - no change I have just changed the Fuel tank pump - Still no change :/????

Each injector had been cracked and each is squirting under crank.

I dont know if it is anything to note but i left the return pipe off on the casing for the tank pump and no diesel seems to be coming through even under crank.

Is the VP44 pump coded? If it is could i just change the pump ECU?

What else could prevent the engine from starting whilst not returning a fault code?

Please help

Pete

I am now at my whits end and have no more ideas

Edited by pclarejnr

Needs moving to the Superb I arena?

I can't help, but having the same car will be interested in the outcome.  

Best o'luck - hope it's an easy fix, even if it's eluding you at the mo'.

Gaz

• Like 1

As far as I know, hydraulic and electronics parts are coded together, the pump ECU must be recoded, if you want to change it, otherwise won't start.

Strange though that you didn't get any fault codes initially...

What about the cambelt? Do you know if it was changed at some point in time?

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply, 

Yes the cambelt has been changed approx 25000 miles ago has run well since it was changed all OEM parts,

So as i have changed the pump that is definitely preventing it from starting, I'll ring tomorrow to see if I can get it coded  

Something to work on 

Regards

Pete

Well Guys,

I have had the pump coded and still no go? :(, there is puffs of fumes coming out of the exhaust under crank so I assume shes getting something to drink  :cocktail:

I have blocked the EGR to see if its stuck open and still no fire.

I think shes DEAD! along with the battery now  :no:

on VAGCOM there is no faults displayed 

I'm starting to dislike this car slowly lol

Regards

Pete

Must be blooming frustrating  :S

Presume it cranks over okay? (well until the battery's flat).

It's not the same, but I started to get starting problems last winter.  Part battery, part gloplugs methinks (still haven't done them yet!).

However, one thing that did happen is mine wouldn't start, but then would fire up fine with the assistance of jump leads, and then be fine for the rest of the day.

I think it was Roto who mentioned the importance of cranking speed, not that it explains your power loss while running.

Gaz

Hey guys

I left it with a trusty mechanic and it would seem the fuel pump was out 3 teeth :( (now I don't know if when we changed the HP pump we knocked it out or if knocked out whilst the old HP was in place)

Next mission is to see if i can get the old HP pump tested.

After all out stresses

Many thanks for your replies.

Pete

• Like 2