Disabling alarm for towing/transporting

nomdeplume

I have a 2011 Yeti 140 4x4 Elegance which is LHD and was bought in France. I plan to take it on a SeaCat and wish to disable that part of the security system which detects movement, known as 'towing protection monitoring'. I have an English manual as well as the French one that came with the car. Both manuals refer to a button to press 'at the centre column on the driver side'. There is no such button on my car!

The picture in the manuals shows the lower part of the 'B' pillar adjacent to the drivers seat. Unless I'm cracking up that is! Can anyone throw any light on this please?

This was a top-spec. car (leather seats, satnav, climate control etc. etc.) so should have this facility.

Any ideas please?

My Yeti's have done various trip across the Channel, within 30 seconds of removing the key from the ignition you need to push the alarm button which is situated on the B post just behind the seat belt on the drivers side. This disables the interior monitoring and also the motion detection which stops the alarm sounding whilst the vehicle is being shipped.

Thank you for your answers. Pouches, there is no such alarm button on my Yeti, that's why I'm posting on here! Frenchtone, I am not towing anything, I just don't want the vibration of the SeaCat (a lot more than the regular ferry) to trigger the alarm. Urrell, I'll try your suggestion but I'm not convinced from the wording in the manual that it achieves exactly what I want.

When locking it with the fob press the button for a second time within 2 seconds.

Doesn't that just fold in the mirrors?

I have a 2011 Yeti 140 4x4 Elegance which is LHD and was bought in France. I plan to take it on a SeaCat and wish to disable that part of the security system which detects movement, known as 'towing protection monitoring'. I have an English manual as well as the French one that came with the car. Both manuals refer to a button to press 'at the centre column on the driver side'. There is no such button on my car!

The picture in the manuals shows the lower part of the 'B' pillar adjacent to the drivers seat. Unless I'm cracking up that is! Can anyone throw any light on this please?

This was a top-spec. car (leather seats, satnav, climate control etc. etc.) so should have this facility.

Any ideas please?

On my FL model (which may be different of course) the button is on the inside of the B pillar opposite the seat backrest adjustment knob. It is lit up red. If you turn off the ignition, open the door and press the button it changes to orange and displays 'off'. You then shut the door and lock it on the key within 30 seconds.

My Yeti's have done various trip across the Channel, within 30 seconds of removing the key from the ignition you need to push the alarm button which is situated on the B post just behind the seat belt on the drivers side. This disables the interior monitoring and also the motion detection which stops the alarm sounding whilst the vehicle is being shipped.

^^^This.

When locking it with the fob press the button for a second time within 2 seconds.

Doesn't that just fold in the mirrors?

It's a long hold to fold mirrors and raise any open windows.

A second press within 2 seconds certainly turns of interior alarm monitoring on my Fabia and Yeti and I would have thought movement sensing.

• Like 1

A second press within 2 seconds certainly turns of interior alarm monitoring on my Fabia and Yeti and I would have thought movement sensing.

+1 I live on the Isle of Wight & often use the ferry. Lock the car with the key fob & press the lock button again within 2 sec. Turns the alarm off.

The second press turns the deadlocks off.

The second press turns the deadlocks off.

A double press of the lock button on fob within two seconds also turns off interior alarm monitoring monitoring and I suspect towing protection

If I forget to do that when the dog is left in the car the alarm goes off in about a minute as she jumps about a bit when we leave her.

Edited by Urrell

Once again, for the third time, there is no such button on my Yeti.

I think that the manual you have is not the right one for your car. :thumbdown: