Yeti Maxidot Display

leaky5

Yes. It already displays it in km/m in small and can be made to display a large speed display in mph by changing the country to Australia or Rest of Workd with VCDS and a few ticks with Maxidot.

If you are near Hereford / Wircester then PM me and I'll do it for you.

• Like 1

Yes. It already displays it in km/m in small and can be made to display a large speed display in mph by changing the country to Australia or Rest of Workd with VCDS and a few ticks with Maxidot.

If you are near Hereford / Wircester then PM me and I'll do it for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I am down in Essex. So it has to be done with VCDS, its not an option you can choose from the car ?

Thanks for the offer, but I am down in Essex. So it has to be done with VCDS, its not an option you can choose from the car ?

Correct. It needs VCDS tweaks to enable it.

Phil

Dealer cannot do it, because to do so violates the type approval of the car. Cars in the UK are required to display both KMH and MPH, because the analogue speedo only shows MPH the digital one in the maxidot shows you the KMH.

Switching to Australia basically enables a lot of options hidden with the country set to UK.

Dealer cannot do it, because to do so violates the type approval of the car. Cars in the UK are required to display both KMH and MPH, because the analogue speedo only shows MPH the digital one in the maxidot shows you the KMH.

After the change to show MPH on the MaxiDOT it can be changed back to KPH again on the MaxiDOT by simply selecting or unselecting the option.

It is simply because the dealer does not have VCDS which is very confusing as you'd have thought they would have been the first to have it.

As above, only the change to Australia requires VCDS. The rest is done in Maxidot and can be changed back whenever you want to.

Check in the Diagnostics and VCDS section. There's a members map, a few owners around Essex, Kent, Herts and London.

Without putting my foot in it, most will not want anything, but a couple of alcoholic beverages usually don't go a miss :happy:

I felt the same as Leaky5 finding it difficult to judge 30 on the speedo. Initially I set the speed warning bleep to remind me, but after about 1000 miles I got used to judging where the speedo needle should be to be legal! I tried affixing a little red dot, in best Blue Peter fashion, using sticky back plastic! It looked really naff but did help initially.

End of problem.

It’s not a ‘problem’... but when a car is capable of doing something (for free) then why not enable it?? 

• Like 3

Does anyone know when the type approval for showing both MPH and KMH came into force ? My 2004 Picasso only shows one at a time, which ever one you set it up for.

I could only find this

Any model of vehicle which was being sold in the UK before 17 June 1999 could continue to be
                 sold up to 16 June 2003 if it complied with The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use)
      Regulations 1986, as amended (C&U) and The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989, as
        amended (RVLR). After 16 June 2003 European Whole Vehicle Type Approval applies. European Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECWVTA)
Edited by leaky5

Not sure when leaky5, but the wording is ‘must be capable of showing MPH and KPH’ which once the Australian coding has been done, it is still capable, all you have to do is tick the ‘Alt.Speed Disp’ box in the maxidot.

I don't work in kph or live in metric units generally and object to the whole idea. Give me miles and pints and leave the rest of the mullarkey to Johnny Foreigner, after all Napoleon did lose

• Like 2

Not sure when leaky5, but the wording is ‘must be capable of showing MPH and KPH’ which once the Australian coding has been done, it is still capable, all you have to do is tick the ‘Alt.Speed Disp’ box in the maxidot.

The car only showing MPH will also pass an MOT providing it's capable of showing KPH. As Gizmo stated the car is capable of still showing KPH if required.

My Ex  MKII FL Vrs was Australian. It takes seconds to revert back to displaying KPH