Clutch pedal vibration

Jeffscarborough

I have noticed recently that when changing gear pressing the clutch pedal down I can feel a roughness / vibration.

This can also be felt if I press the clutch pedal down a bit when driving in gear. As the pedal goes down it smoothes out.

Feels to me like it maybe the thrust bearing?

I have not taken it to my dealer yet.

Car is a 2013 TDI 110 SE+ 23,000 miles

Does it feel like gravel?

Park the car on a slight upwards slope and see if you can hear/feel a vibration?

Could be Dual Mass Flywheel failure, but hopefully not.

Take it to the garage and get them to check it.

Colin

I have noticed recently that when changing gear pressing the clutch pedal down I can feel a roughness / vibration.

This can also be felt if I press the clutch pedal down a bit when driving in gear. As the pedal goes down it smoothes out.

Feels to me like it maybe the thrust bearing?

I have not taken it to my dealer yet.

Car is a 2013 TDI 110 SE+ 23,000 miles

I feel the same smooth vibration if the clutch pedal is not pressed enough  and it's normal in my opinion, the clutch needs to work on/off mode, more don't press the pedal down a bit cause it will ruin the disc and will get you that strange sensation of roughness.

bye

It IS very normal and affects a LOT of diesel manuals - not just Yeti's.

It was evident in the dealer's demonstrator Yeti that had 800 miles on the clock when we drove it.

It's also there on my loan Vauxhall Insignia Diesel manual.

It's been on pretty much EVERY diesel manual I have ever driven.

Which is why I spec'd DSG.

It IS very normal and affects a LOT of diesel manuals - not just Yeti's.

It was evident in the dealer's demonstrator Yeti that had 800 miles on the clock when we drove it.

It's also there on my loan Vauxhall Insignia Diesel manual.

It's been on pretty much EVERY diesel manual I have ever driven.

Which is why I spec'd DSG.

DSG?  do you prefer DSG to manual?  :coffee:    :makeup:   some people not! me too...not!

On a car that spends most of it's life ferrying the family around, you betcha I prefer a DSG!

It's not like I often get the chance to go tearing up the tarmac in it, and when I do, I have paddleshift for that.

In the meantime, no dreary vibrations on the clutch pedal, no having a heavy left leg every traffic jam or queue, no having to reach down to change gear.