Felicia 1.3 on carburetor - owners around the world

I have decided to create this topic to create a connection between all the owners of this type of Felicia.

Please introduce yourselves: specify at least the VIN of your car and the country you live in.

Short history & characteristics of Skoda Felicia 1.3 on carburetor (engine type 135)

Few people from Western Europe are aware that Skoda manufactured between 1994 and 2001 over 100,000 cars from this model. They were all made for export in countries where pollution regulation laws allowed non-Euro cars (although some cars had catalytic converter like Felicia 1.3 MPI). The main advantage was the low price (LX) although GLX models had all extra options and a higher price. Many parts are identical to Skoda Favorit.

The list of countries that imported Skoda Felicia 1.3 on carburetor (not final)

• Columbia
  • Croatia
  • Dominican Republic
  • Egypt
  • Hungary
  • Jordan
  • Macedonia
  • Malta
  • Romania
  • Russian Federation
  • Serbia
  • Slovenia

The engine

Power: 43kW / 5000 rpm

Torque: 94Nm / 3000 rpm

Compression ratio: 8.8:1 (to allow use of 91 grade fuel)

Bore / stroke: 75.5 / 72 mm

Timing: on chain

Ignition: distributor breakerless, electronic ignition, one ignition coil

Carburetor: double barrel, Pierburg 2E3 (Jikov 28-30 LEKR)

The gearbox

Type: 10S (final drive 4.167)

The body

Identical in every aspect with the rest of Felicia fleet

Shape: hatchback, combi, and even Pick-up

• Like 1

Good morning,

I have a 1997 GLX Felicia in Jordan since 2005. It is a hatchback with VIN "TMBEEA614V0433588". Mileage right now 272200 Kms.

Extras on car not found on 1997 LX models:

1. Front fog lights.
  2. Central locking.
  3. full size wheel covers.
  4. Velour seat covers.
  5. Better quality and nice looking door cards upholstery.
  6. RPM tachometer.
  7. 1/3 to 2/3 split folding rear seats.
  8. Door mirrors housing color match car body color.
  9. Dashboard, center console and door cards on my GLX are in dark blue. I noticed that many GLX models have them in light grey.

Major Parts I changed during the past 10 years, cost and job difficulty:

1. Steering rack (Not power assisted), old rack needed major repairs and rattled a lot. Got a decent used rack for a moderate price (36 Pounds). Average difficulty but a tricky DIY job for novice DIYers.
  2. Rear wheels brake cylinders, old ones were ok but suspected minor brake fluid leakage. Cheap new ones (12 Pounds for a pair). Easy DIY job.
  3. Brake Master cylinder. Old one gave up which caused pedal to reach the floor when applying the brakes and found out the cause was one worn piston of the two pistons and a worn cylinder interior surface. Cheap new part (14 Pounds). Easy DIY job and you need to renew the brake fluid which needs care not to spill too much and time to get rid of all air from all wheels brake cylinders and pipes. 
  4. Water pump, old one bearing seal finished and coolant leaked continuously. Got a new pump for a moderate price (42 Pounds). Job difficulty is above average and takes time.
  5. Cooling circuit radiator, old one had many leaks. Got a new one for a moderate price (36 Pounds). An easy DIY job and recommend renewing the engine coolant too.
  6. Distributor. Old one dead. Got a new original one which was expensive (107 Pounds) but it proved cheap on the long run because I tried 2 cheap quality distributors (Chinese and Turkish brands) before buying the original one and both failed within 1 month. An easy DIY job.   
  • Like 2

Hi there.

I'm Ehab Mobarak from Egypt.

I have Skoda Felicia 1996 of VIN : TMBEEA614T0242771 

Will it has some modifications such as :

changing engine from 135 to 136M with carburetor fixed on.

changing gear box from 10S to 14SK.

These were the major changes, the rest is regular maintenance.

• Like 4

Until more people that own a Felicia on carburetor will join this topic to introduce themselves, I present you a rarity for us. It is a special carburetor mounted on latest Felicias in 2001. Made by the same Czech producer, JIKOV, the carburetor has extra devices attached to it. Unfortunately the Czech guy that shared these photos was not able to offer more information on it. What you see is what I know.

3YNxc8Z.jpg

3Ic5P6t.jpg

a5SbUAT.jpg

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

I own a 1997 Felicia (TMBEEA614V583351) that had a Jikov carburetor just like the one on Ricardo's pictures. It is a licensed copy of Pierburg 2E3.

Three years ago the carb quit. It was impossible to find a working replacement in Croatia. I managed to get a Weber DMTL 32/34 from a Polish bloke in the UK, he used it on his VW Golf Mk2.

It took me a year to find an optimal jetting. No cheap dyno here, so I had to guess and order the jets one by one.

You can literally feel (and hear) the effect of Weber's larger venturis after 2800 rpm. Idling and low-end torque are not that spectacular, as expected. Thanks to the manual choke, I get around 40 MPG on a warm day.

The engine has developed a slight piston slap, which I guess is normal after 240000 km (150000 miles). Still has its original head gasket.

I have driven many other cars with a much stronger engine, but their driving feel just can't compare to a simple carburetor. They are faster and stronger, but it just isn't it.

The car hasn't got any extras: no A/C and no power steering. I installed an old Blaupunkt radio with a mechanical tuner, doesn't even have a cassette player. I usually just listen to the engine.

Wouldn't trade it for nothing. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Hello everyone,

I am from the Caribbean.  I live on a twin island Trinidad and Tobago.

I own a 1997 Skoda Felicia TMBEEA414S0069928

I have never had any major repairs just routine maintenance.  I am thinking about replacing the carb with a weber. Engine works fine. No power steering and AC.

It is very difficult to get parts. I've been waiting for a water pump from the dealers for six months.

I am from the Caribbean.  I live on a twin island Trinidad and Tobago.

How many Felicias are there?

• 2 weeks later...

Only 4 Briskoda members own a Felicia 1.3 on carburetor?

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No, there are alot more felicias, i just narrowed it to the ones with 43kw, which i presume is the only one with carburetor.

If you are interested, http://www.upload.ee/?page=finished&upload_id=72487f9c22aafa45831d321fd171aa49

This table lists all the passenger cars registered in Estonia by the end of 2014, you can filter out Felicias yourself.

Edited by testuser3

Many thanks to Martin (Gizmo68) for pinning this thread. :clap:

Our small community of Felicia 1.3 on carburetor has the chance to be more visible and gather more owners around the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Hola . Mi nombre es Ismael García y vivo hace 6 meses en Rep Sominicana.

Me acabo de comprar un felicia 1.3 glx con carburador.

y aprovecho para saludarlo a todos.

El VIN lo  pondré posteriormente. Un saludo

Hola . Mi nombre es Ismael García y vivo hace 6 meses en Rep Sominicana.

Hi. My name is Ismael García and I have been living for six months in the Dominican Republic.

Me acabo de comprar un felicia 1.3 glx con carburador. y aprovecho para saludarlo a todos.

I have bought a Felicia 1.3 GLX with carburetor.and I take this opportunity to greet you all.

El VIN lo  pondré posteriormente. Un saludo

I will post the VIN later. Regards.

Welcome to Briskoda!

Please write in English next time. For now I translated myself your message.

Bienvenido a Briskoda!

Por favor, escriba en Inglés la próxima vez.

The vehicle has passed through the hands of three owners and one of them quite inadvertently, I'm trying to get him fit again and with the help of the members of this forum to solve some small problems that the vehicle has.

I placed a picture of the car in the gallery of classic, one red.
Greetings to all

Interesting. Your car seems to have headlamp washers which I don't believe was ever an option over here. Plus alloy wheels, which we did get on a few cars. If you could get every single option from all markets on one car it would be very well equipped.