Brand New MarkII being delivered next week

Hello All.

The (company) car I ordered back in December is being delivered next week.  Kind of sad that I could not have waited for the new model but such is life.

It's an L&K Estate 170PS manual.

I will need to read though the manual and get acquainted with everything but is there anything you can suggest I do / don't do in the first few days / weeks?

I will add some pictures once I have it on the drive.

• Like 1

Hello All.

The (company) car I ordered back in December is being delivered next week. Kind of sad that I could not have waited for the new model but such is life.

It's an L&K Estate 170PS manual.

I will need to read though the manual and get acquainted with everything but is there anything you can suggest I do / don't do in the first few days / weeks?

I will add some pictures once I have it on the drive.

Look at it this way - the model you're getting should be well sorted in terms of any issues. The new model will take a while to bed down with the usual problems that tend to appear with brand new versions so you should have none of that.

Countdown is on now so! Enjoy it :) What colour/interior etc did you go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at it this way - the model you're getting should be well sorted in terms of any issues. The new model will take a while to bed down with the usual problems that tend to appear with brand new versions so you should have none of that.

Countdown is on now so! Enjoy it :) What colour/interior etc did you go for?

I was thinking that but wanted to know if there was anything that was a "must".

If anything comes up I know where you all are :-)

It's Magnetic Brown metallic with the Ivory leather and piano black inserts.

• Like 1

I was thinking that but wanted to know if there was anything that was a "must".

If anything comes up I know where you all are :-)

It's Magnetic Brown metallic with the Ivory leather and piano black inserts.

Very nice, same colour combo as mine then magnetic brown and Ivory. I got the lighter coloured wood effect inserts. It's a good idea to go through the manual alright. As its a company car I presume you're not going to be adding anything major to it?

Maybe check that the latest software versions are installed for maps / Columbus. The main thing I'd be concerned about is that everything is in order at handover. Check that all electrics and switchgear is working (and connected) including them MFD buttons on the wheel which have been known to give trouble on some FL models. Check the tyre pressures as well and anything else like fluid levels etc that the dealer should be responsible for.

Basically take it for a good run before final handover as there have been numerous posts on here (and I've experienced some myself) where basic checks have not been carried out., The worst cases being where the transit blocks have not been removed from the suspension, so worth checking that

Maybe not a huge consideration for a company car as I'm sure it's covered under a contract but if you are responsible for servicing the car, check that it's on fixed or variable, whichever you want it to be set to. Sometimes it's changed to fixed by the dealer on new cars!

Great minds think alike!

Great colour combo, I really like mine, the same inside as Superb170, although mine is the lowly 1.6 Diesel.

Shows the dust in dry weather, but looks well and easy to keep now that its wetter!

Enjoy...

When I picked mine up the locking wheel nut socket was missing. Having had this happen on a previous car and only finding out when I was stranded with a flat tyre I always check for this first. Quickly rectified by the dealer who came out with a selection of sockets and tried them to see which one fitted and let me have one. Well worth checking for.

Thanks all.

I have been on international business for the past 2 years so I have been in rental cars for ages.  I had a Lexus for 3 years before that so I'm out of practice for checking a new car.

I have made a list and will no doubt annoy the hell out of the delivery driver when he turns up at the house on Tuesday. 

Wish I could get mine. Been sat waiting to ship to dealer for over 3 weeks now and still no sign of it ! #getting hacked off now

I placed my order mid December, was quoted 6 months, arrived in 5.

I was told by our dealer that they were loading up orders for the Mark II and then stopping production to swap to the Mark III.  No idea if this is true but that's what they said.  I was also told my car is one of the last mark II's to be made.  Again, no idea if this is true,

Mine was actually made and ready to ship and was quoted 2-3 weeks it's had shipping docs for 2 weeks but not yet found its way to a ship. We go on holiday on the 23rd ,towing our caravan so it's looking unlikely it will be here. If dealer tries to knock down my trade in price because another glass guide update in June then I'm gonna tell them where to park their car and look for an alternative make.

It finally arrived.

A hour after I got it I put 426 miles on it as I had to drive from Greenock to Southampton.  It took the drive in it's stride and I did not ache at all afterwards.  Really pleased with my choice of company car.  

I will post some more pictures when I get a chance.

Skoda 1

• Like 2

Looks great, well may she ware!

I think the brown is the best colour for the Ivory interior, perhaps i'm a bit biased :yes:

• Like 2

Congratulations on the new car. Can we get a thread up and running with photographs of magnetic brown please chaps. It would be interesting to see this colour in different light conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congratulations on the new car. Can we get a thread up and running with photographs of magnetic brown please chaps. It would be interesting to see this colour in different light conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be on for that :) I had no idea what the colour looked like before I bought it as I couldn't get 'real' pics

I'd be on for that :) I had no idea what the colour looked like before I bought it as I couldn't get 'real' pics

I got Skoda UK to provide a swatch which arrived from Sweden. skoda kept chasing me for its return as it was the only one in the UK.

I would not have gone for the brown colour that the pictures showed at the time but the sample was very different to the pictures and more than acceptable.

Btw I did return the swatch minus a bit.

It finally arrived.

A hour after I got it I put 426 miles on it as I had to drive from Greenock to Southampton.  It took the drive in it's stride and I did not ache at all afterwards.  Really pleased with my choice of company car.  

I will post some more pictures when I get a chance.

Congratulations!  You certainly gave it a good run anyway for its maiden voyage.  That's exactly the sort of journey the Superb was built for !

Magnetic brown comes into its own when the sun shines, the metallic elements are golden and really sparkle. 

Still looks nice in dull weather but people tend to think my car is black and are nicely surprised when the sun shines.