Mont Blanc RearTrek S3 High Lift 3 Bike Rack

I'm selling my hardly used Mont Blanc bike rack (an earlier version of the current RearTrek S3) as I no longer have my Octavia estate and am fitting a towbar to my Yeti for a bike rack and trailer.

This rack was used for a one week holiday and for about 7 days out with the family so is still in excellent condition with all parts and instructions available. It is a great rack, chosen after much deliberation, as it lifts the bikes above the lights and number plate in order to keep it legal without a trailer board.

It is very secure for all three bikes (bike to rack and rack to car) and pretty easy to use. Not the lightest of racks, but not the heaviest either. It is well made and very sturdy.

It has the fitting kit (kit 3 / EasyGripS3) suitable for a range of cars and is specifically set up for a pre-FL Ocatvia estate (not the Vrs as that has a spoiler on the roofline). I also have obtained a replacement sheet of clear plastic coating in order to protect the paintwork at the bike rack mounting points.

With a change of fitting kit (on Amazon for £13-16 each) it can be made to fit almost any car that does not have a roof spoiler.

Stock photograph (real images to follow) of it on a Golf (very similar rear end to the Octavia estate):

post-59543-0-05388200-1431898391_thumb.jpg

Any questions please ask. Collection can be arranged from Hereford / Worcester areas or I may be travelling further afield and can meet.

I don't have enough bubble wrap to courier it out, but if you want to pay for the courier and wrapping materials I will do my best to protect it as best I can.

Current version is well over £200 online, this is almost identical to the current one and in excellent condition and includes fitting kit 3. £125 collected.

I have the receipt dated 23/05/13 and the instruction manual and an unused sheet of clear protective film for the mounting points on your car.

I have the fitting kit huddle that was supplied with the bike rack and the kit I have (S3) will fit Octavia Estates / Combis from 2004 onwards as long as you do not have a roof mounted spoiler.

Superbs (2002-2008) will need fitting kit 1 or Fabia 5T (2000-2007) or early Octavia Kombi (1998-2004) will need kit 2. If you check on their website you will get more details information for your car.

Can meet locally - Herefordshire / Worcestershire / M5 J7 if that helps.

Pictures now available:

post-59543-0-17575300-1432740755_thumb.jpg  post-59543-0-43472100-1432740780_thumb.jpg   post-59543-0-55056200-1432740824_thumb.jpg  post-59543-0-63292000-1432740912_thumb.jpg  post-59543-0-50370500-1432740801_thumb.jpg

It folds flat pretty easily to allow it to be hung from a wall to take up less space:

post-59543-0-15283300-1432740950_thumb.jpg  post-59543-0-17421100-1432741011_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is universal fitting and wil certainly work on non-VAG cars; although you may need to buy a different fitting kit (about £15/16) to suit most other cars.

Go to the Mont Blanc website (link above) and use their 'Will it fit my vehicle?' type selector.

I've listed pretty much all the cars the fitting kit I have will work on, but with either of the other three kits it cod fit almost any car with a semi-vertical boot lid and no roof spoiler.

It clips over the top edge of the boot, under the bottom edge and then clamps tight with the two rubber blocks pressing on the rear windscreen (see third picture to get the idea and the one in the first post).

It's very secure once in place. There is a sheet of quite thick clear protective film that needs to be cut in four to protect the attachment points. There is also a rubber strip to stop the top fitting bars rubbing on the boot lid.

I've seen others modify the four clamping points with cut up strips of bicycle inner tube in place of the clear film being permanently on the car.

I didn't do this and just used the film. When I removed the film to sell the car, there were no scratches under the film despite some surface damage to the film itself.

HTH

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...