Lightweight Octavia vRS Wheels

MartynVRS

Looking for lighter wheels as the current wheels are more than 12kg each. Wheels on it now are the standard 18x8 size but are off a Mk3 to clear the S3 brakes the car has. What are my options? If I could save 2-3kg per corner it should help handling quite a bit.

Anyone? Thought someone may have been running lighter wheels on an Octy. Started looking at Speedline Turini's but don't think they come in the right PCD.

Wardy used to run Turinis, so I'm pretty sure they are the right PCD

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/skoda/octavia-vrs/mk2/18-inch

I'm pretty sure Alex @ AKS Tuning runs a set of Neuspeed's which are light. Last time I saw the car it was running some huge Lambo brakes so they'll probably clear the S3 ones you have.

I think he's more active on the mk5 golf forum.

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions. It's the first car I'm really starting to look at mods properly. Brakes while big and stop well are also quite heavy. Split caliper to give them a clean and realised how heavy they were. That's another thing I need to look into.

All of these are under 9kg in 18"

Enkei PF01

OZ Alleggerita HLT

Enkei RSM9

OZ Ultraleggera

Enkei RS05RR

Plenty of others out there.  The choices are as deep as your wallet can stand.

• Like 1

Have a read through Rob_e's thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278947-chassis-upgrade/ he ran the neuspeeds and had his work done with AKS.

I have the lead weight Neptunes which according to my bathroom scales are 54lbs/24.5kg c/w tyre. What a shock when I took one off  to fit mudflaps. Incidentally the spare steel wheel weighs 38lbs/17.2kg c/w tyre and I'm sure the car would handle a lot better running a set of these. Anyone tried this?

The Speedlines are lightweights, my WR1 scooby had the 18" PFF7's hence my shock at the weight of these dreadful skoda wheels. The lightweight alloys appear to be the flow formed ones as compared to the cast ones.

• Like 1

Once I save a bit more I'll be getting something lighter. I weighed and got the same 24.5kg. Speedline Corse's are winning so far but expensive and I'm not sure what offset I'll need.

Team dynamics pro race 1.2 or pro race 3

As has been discussed, Pro Race 3s don't come in all sizes, the max being 17".

I've run Pro Race 1.2s and Neuspeed RSe07s on mine and am currently on a set of Ronal manufactured Speedline Marmora. I haven't checked the weight of the Speedlines, they are heavier than the Neuspeeds and will be putting those back on ASAP.

The downside to the Neuspeeds is how long they take to arrive in the UK. I can't imaine Bryan's Braid wheels are that heavy.

Wasn't there a guide explaining wheel sizes and offsets? Think stock us 18x7.5 but not sure what the ET is. So if I get 18x8 Speedlines what ET should they be? Need to be enough to clear the S3 brakes. Although brakes I'm looking into as I wouldn't mind something lighter.

factory 18x7.5 are ET52.  I'm currently running 7.5 ET45 and that's close to flush with the guard but still conservative - you could probably push it to ET40 without raising too many eyebrows.

I have run 8" ET35 and they stuck out noticeably - about 7mm.  I was thinking about getting the hub shaved and ET42 would have been great with a 225 tyre.

Most 18x8 ET45 should clear the S3 brakes but it depends on the spoke profile.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi gents, realise that this topic is a bit old but I am looking at getting some lightweight alloys for my vRS. Here is my car:

38175_10_big_zpsb5ugszr6.jpg

Could someone confirm which wheels these are? They are the 18" ones, so I assume that they are 7.5J? Anyone know the offset?

I'd want to remove the tyres from these and fit them to new alloys if they are still usable, I had OZ Ultraleggera on my last car and really liked them - luckily it sounds like they are suitable.

Any other suggestions?

Hi gents, realise that this topic is a bit old but I am looking at getting some lightweight alloys for my vRS. Here is my car:

38175_10_big_zpsb5ugszr6.jpg

Could someone confirm which wheels these are? They are the 18" ones, so I assume that they are 7.5J? Anyone know the offset?

I'd want to remove the tyres from these and fit them to new alloys if they are still usable, I had OZ Ultraleggera on my last car and really liked them - luckily it sounds like they are suitable.

Any other suggestions?

if yours are 18's, id be interested in buying them off you if the price is right!