rear washer-hose connector replacement challenge

Fabia MkI 2001 rear washer hose connector broke - the connector that joins the hose onto the washer motor unit on rear door.

I removed the old one by snipping end of hose away but the hose is so stiff that despite trying hot water / heat gun there is simply no way I can get the hose soft enough to allow new connector in there. Several jokes come to mind but has anyone any suggestions please?

Image attached.

Thanks

post-60406-0-51921900-1432036507_thumb.jpg

Go to halfords get some vacuum hose and some cable ties. Warm the vacuum hose in a cup of hot water and slide onto pump connection and secure with cable tie. Warm the other end and insert the pipe into the vacuum hose and secure with cable tie.

done.

• Like 3

Go to halfords get some vacuum hose and some cable ties. Warm the vacuum hose in a cup of hot water and slide onto pump connection and secure with cable tie. Warm the other end and insert the pipe into the vacuum hose and secure with cable tie.

done.

That's what I did with all the washer connections on mine. Halfords 5mm vacuum tube fits a treat.

• Like 2

And as a footnote:

attachicon.gifIMAG1454.jpg

It worked perfick

Thanks

Only thing is you've still used the push on connector. It's best to throw that away and push the pipe straight onto the washer barb.

• 7 years later...

Hello all.

Sorry I realise this is an old post but I need to do the vacuum hose fix to my bulkhead rear washer connector as it won't click back together. 

Does anybody have access to any of the images from this thread?

9 hours ago, DougS said:

Hello all.

Sorry I realise this is an old post but I need to do the vacuum hose fix to my bulkhead rear washer connector as it won't click back together. 

Does anybody have access to any of the images from this thread?

Here's mine done with Halfords 5mm vacuum tube......

777665gfgh.jpg

Edited by TMB