Felicia pickup 1.9D gearbox mount swap for for 1.6

Hi Everyone,

I have an S reg Felicia pickup with 1.9d engine. I had a mis-hap last weekend on a gravel road clipped a stone which made an almighty clunck then realised that my gearbox mount had sheared and driveshaft popped out. I need to replace the gearbox mount but it seems to be an integral part of the gearbox itself. I'm having trouble tracking down the part and it is mostly sold as part of the gearbox which is understandable, however I don't want to fork out for a whole new gearbox! My local scrappy has a felicia 1.6 in it which I could take the part off... Does anyone know if this is likely to work? DOes the 1.6 have a completely different gearbox to the 1.9 or are they interchangable?

Any help appreciated..

Jake

I don't know 1st hand, but believe the gearboxes are interchangeable.

There is an adapter plate fitted to 1.6 and 1.9 gearboxes that are different, but since you have yours from your original box you should be ok.

I'm sure someone else can confirm this for you...

According to ETKA the mounting bracket with bonded rubber bush and the gearbox support for 1.6 and 1.9D are identical.

Maybe you can score a gearbox shield too.

PL8xW19.jpg

AdydhnP.jpg

You think he might have sheared off the side mount?? Yet the gearbox is still OK??

Although 'integral part of the gearbox' and 'cv joint popped out' are good enough clues.

But ieez... what did he hit? Mt. Everest? More like one of those retractable bollards...

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1