Skoda Columbus (RNS510) DAB edition.

Rustynuts

Skoda Columbus DAB version head unit. Unmarked condition, comes with free screen protector and GPS antenna.

Has the latest V12 maps loaded, and also latest speed camera database, fuel stations, and VW, Skoda, SEAT dealers loaded as POI.

Not to be confused with the standard Columbus, this is the DAB version. Less than 2 years old and unmarked condition.

Priced at £500 collection from North Yorks.

columbus-dab-1.jpg

columbus-dab-2.jpg

columbus-dab-3.jpg

columbus-dab-5.jpg

columbus-dab-6.jpg

columbus-dab-7.jpg

Removed because I simply don't use DAB enough to warrant keeping it, and replaced with a newer SSD unit (without DAB).

Hi,

Would this be a simple plug & play replacement for my Bolero unit? I find the Bolero quite limited to functions, and it has the Bluetooth module installed, but says my iPhone 6 is not compatible with it. So looking for something better.

Apologies if you believe this to be a rather dumb question - this is my first Skoda which I only got yesterday...

Not really a simple plug & play. You'd need to install the GPS antenna (included here) somewhere which is fairly easy to do, then there's coding with VCDS to make the nav work correctly. Then you'd need a DAB aerial (not included here) if you don't have DAB already in your car, which is easy to fit a cheap basic one but more complicated to fit a roof mounted type. But the issue with Bluetooth and your iphone would still remain, as the Bluetooth module is separate to your Bolero, and you would still have the same problems whatever head unit you connected it up to I guess.

So, your issue sounds like a Bluetooth module problem. Sort that out and get it working correctly, then you could upgrade the head unit if you still wanted to.

Is this still up for sale Rustynuts?

Ive been trying to get to the bottom of whether or not the Columbus units ever come with bluetooth built in? Ive seen around and about on some of the froums that the later models - ie this one probably with DAB, might have both?

Any drawback to having DAB?

Cheers

Columbus does not come with Bluetooth. It is Bluetooth compatible but you need a separate Bluetooth module.

Is this still up for sale Rustynuts?

Ive been trying to get to the bottom of whether or not the Columbus units ever come with bluetooth built in? Ive seen around and about on some of the froums that the later models - ie this one probably with DAB, might have both?

Any drawback to having DAB?

Cheers

Yes, still for sale (although someone asked for a swap this morning for a set of Audi wheels).

As said, no Columbus units have Bluetooth, you need Bluetooth fitted to the car rather than having it in the head unit (Amundsen + possibly excepted).

Drawbacks to having DAB? No, not really. It means you can receive DAB radio whereas other non DAB units can't. You'll need a DAB aerial though.

Any idea what postage might be, if you were willing to post?

As far as drawbacks go i was thinking more of when out of DAB signal im guessing you cant get any radio at all??

If you lose DAB reception then you always have FM to fall back on. And if FM fails then you can always fall back onto AM. Similar analogy.

Postage will be in the region of £35 insured courier according to Parcel2go.

• 2 weeks later...